Women’s personal protection workshop
Friday 28 July 28 2017, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Location: Emerald Dragon Martial Arts – Castle Hill
34b / 7 Carrington Rd, Castle Hill
Contact: Ben Copeman – 0405 446 557 for any further questions.
Violence against women is now recognised to be a serious and widespread problem in Australia, with enormous individual and community impacts and social costs. In this 2 hour workshop you’ll learn important skills to defend and protect yourself and your family. So get a group together or register with a girlfriend.
According to Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety (ANROWS) and OurWatch.org.au:
- On average, at least one woman a week is killed by a partner or former partner in Australia
- 1 in 3 Australian women has experienced physical violence, since the age of 15.
- 1 in 4 Australian women has experienced emotional abuse by a current or former partner.
- 1 in 5 Australian women has experienced sexual violence.
- 1 in 6 Australian women has experienced physical or sexual violence from a current or former partner.
Violence against women is real and the consequences are real.
You can take charge by arming yourself with the knowledge and understanding of:
- how to be aware of a possible threat
- how to avoid the threat
- how to take action to disable the threat.
In this 2 hour women’s self defence workshop you will learn the basics of how to defend yourself. Learn:
- how to switch your mindset to work to your advantage
- how to control your emotions and strike without thinking
- how to be aware of your environment
- how to use your surroundings to your advantage
- about the 5 vital areas of the body you can use no matter the size or build of the attacker
- how to defend yourself against the 5 most common attacks against women
- Gain confidence from knowing that you can protect yourself and your family.
So get a group together or register with a girlfriend. Register online here for only $20.
Emerald Dragon Martial Arts