Building is STRESSFUL! Sleep easier knowing that your final handover inspection is being taken care of by professionals. Mention HDM for a priority booking and 15% off your fee.
At the most stressful time of the construction stage, when the deadlines are looming or even overdue, the handover is a major milestone for the project. It is the owner’s acceptance of the building, subject to certain defects being rectified.
The handover inspection documents the status of the building at the point where the project is deemed complete, and the final payment is due. This is when the contract is completed and the defects liability period begins.This is a big deal!
This is where Your Red Pen comes in.
Your Red Pen offers a professional handover inspection and creates a thorough report for you, as the owner, to present to the builder.
What does Your Red Pen inspect?
- Imperfections in the finishes of all walls, floors and ceilings, including all fixtures and fittings.
- Visual evidence of water leaks or drips.
- All fixtures are straight and solidly fitted.
- Rattling or sticking doors, windows and correct installation of fly screens and hardware.
- All power points, light switches and fittings fitted cleanly and straight, and are working.
- All joinery fittings and fixtures, including gaps, skewed elements, and checking that hinges and drawers open and close smoothly.
- Finishes to the exterior of the house as much as is visible.
- Availability of hot water and waste points of plumbing fixtures.
- Taps and toilets – no drips or visible leaks, toilets flushing.
Your Red Pen is a service offered by Cassie and Cassie Building Design, run by Kalene Cassie (B.Arch), who has been designing buildings, managing building contracts and doing handover inspections for 20 years.
Call Your Red Pen now to arrange your inspection on 02 8315 7784 or email email@example.com