The big question that parents ask when their child has an injury or a possible broken bone is “Do I need to go to the Emergency Department and wait 4 to 6 hours for what may be a minor injury?”. The answer is no. As a parent, it’s natural to panic and rush to hospital but you can be met with long wait times and expense. That’s where the new Sports & Injury Clinic at Castle Hill Medical Centre is an excellent local alternative.
What injuries are covered?
The injuries the clinic commonly sees and can treat include:
- cuts and lacerations when children run into furniture
- cuts from kitchen knives, broken glass, shredders and secateurs
- foreign bodies in the eye, ear or nose
- abrasions, bruises or skin tears from falls
- bites or scratches from dogs and cats
- burns or scalds
- sprained ankles and wrists, shoulders and knees from sport
- back pain and muscle strains
- fractures and dislocations of the finger, wrist, arm, leg, nose, collar bone or ribs from falls
- injuries to ligaments, tendons and nerves
- head injuries with concussion or loss of consciousness.
If an X-ray is required to clarify a diagnosis, it will be performed in the practice during x-ray opening hours, saving time and money. If necessary, a boot or a cast can be applied in the centre.
Further peace of mind
Injuries and broken bones don’t always happen at convenient times! That’s why somewhere local can provide you with peace of mind by offering:
- extended opening hours
- walk in appointments
- reduced costs
- x rays on site
- treatment on site, including setting fractures
- urgent referral to specialists if required.
Why visit Castle Hill Medical Centre over a hospital?
No appointment required, minimal waiting time and reduced costs…
Conveniently located in Castle Mall Shopping Centre, with several parking options nearby:
Extended opening hours and x ray facilities on site
Castle Hill Medical Centre:
- Mon – Fri: 7am – 9pm
- Saturday: 7am – 8pm
- Sunday: 8am – 8pm
- Public holidays: 9am – 6pm
For all injuries that require an x-ray, please see the hours of operation below. If injury occurs outside of these hours then the Doctors and nursing team are able to assess, manage and in most cases provide temporary dressings to treat the injury.
Sports and Injury Clinic X-ray opening hours:
- Weeknights: 8.30am – 8pm
- Saturday: 10 – 5pm
- Sunday: 10 – 3pm
A fee is charged for this service which is outlined below, pending time and day. This fee is only an approximation as price can vary depending on the severity of the injury.
During business hours – $79 due at time of consultation PLUS materials used to treat the injury.
$42 – OUT OF POCKET AMOUNT DURING BUSINESS HOURS after medicare rebate.
AFTER HOURS ( AFTER 5PM WEEKDAYS AND ALL DAY SAT AND SUN)
Approx. $200 due at time of consultation PLUS materials used to treat the injury.
$106 – OUT OF POCKET AMOUNT after medicare rebate.
The amount due at the time of consultation will be greater than your out of pocket expense but you will get a Medicare refund or rebate from Medicare, leaving you with an expense of approximately $42 in business hours and approx. $106 after-hours (minus materials to treat the injury).
Common fractures treated:
- Sprained or broken ankle
- Sprained or broken wrist, hand and fingers
- Knee trauma such as suspected meniscal or ACL injuries
- Shoulder and collar bone injuries
- Simple nose and dental trauma (onsite initial assessment only)
Level 1, Castle Mall 4-16 Terminus Street, Castle Hill.
Phone: 02 9634 5000