School holidays come around quickly and, particularly if you’re a working mum, sometimes you need a little hand with keeping everyone entertained and stimulated! That’s where a camp, class or workshop can be perfect. Here’s what’s available these Spring school holidays in and around the Hills. There’s something for everyone so don’t miss out and make sure you book!
SPORTS CAMPS AUSTRALIA
Age group: from 5 years to 17 years, depending on the sport.
Sports Camps Australia offers a wide variety of sports camps these school holidays! In various locations in and around the Hills District, SCA camps offer awesome outdoor activities like BMX, t-ball, baseball, mountain biking, tennis, basketball and more!
Sports Camps Australia has passionate, positive and professional coaches who can help your child become a better player and a more inspired athlete. SCA camps provide the perfect environment to improve skills, meet new friends and have Serious. Fun. during the school holidays!
SCA camps include:
- 2-3 day camps, generally between 9am and 3pm
- qualified instructors such as Ben Knight, former Sydney Kings Captain, is head coach of Basketball.
- each camper receives a SCA Nike t-shirt, drawstring bag and wristband!
Camps are based on skills and vary dependent on age. Program times vary depending on camps. Locations include Castle Hill, Parramatta, Blacktown, Epping, Normanhurst and more.
For full details and to register visit sportscampsaustralia.com.au or phone 1800 753 127.
EVENT CINEMAS CASTLE HILL FREE SCHOOL HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES
When: Monday 25 September to Friday 6 October
Where: Event Cinemas Castle Hill
Age group: All ages
Head to Event Cinemas these school holidays! Enjoy the latest movie releases plus every weekday (excluding Tuesdays) they have free family activities. New releases these school holidays include Captain Underpants, The Lego Ninjago Movie and The Emoji Movie.
When: Week 1 – Monday 25 September – Friday 29 September.
Week 2 – Tuesday 3 October- Friday 6 October
Time: Full day – 8.30pm to 4pm. Half day – 8.30am to 12.30pm.
Where: Castle Hill
Age group: Boy and girls aged 5 years to 14 years.
AerialFit’s School Holiday Workshops run for both full or half days and are a great way to entertain the kids during holidays with a variety of activities to challenge both their mind and body. They have two types of workshops:
- Lift, Flip and Fly workshop – aerial silks, aerial hammock, aerial hoop, acro class including handstands and tumbles and flexi to strengthen, stretch and improve splits.
- Aerial and Wellness workshop – aerial silks, aerial hammock, aerial hoop, kids yoga, express flexi to strengthen and stretch and a build your own terrarium workshop during lunch.
For more information and to register click here.
Contact: 8906 3208 | Website: aerialfitbody.com.au
When: Monday 25 September through to Friday 6 October.
Where: Baulkham Hills
Age group: Aged 7 years+. Beginners welcome.
Sewing Time holds fun, fashionable and educational sewing classes. Your child will spend a fun day learning some great sewing skills. Each child will learn to sew on a sewing machine and will proudly take home and show you what they have made at the end of the day. Beginners welcome.
The sewing workshops available these school holidays are:
- Side-ruched jersey dress – Tuesday 26 September and Wednesday 4 October – 9am – 3pm. Step into Spring in this soft jersey knit dress with rib trims and ruching feature down one side. Your child will be taught how to sew their dress and they can wear it home! Cost: $120.
- American Girl Doll Workshop (suitable for 18inch dolls). Monday 25 September and Tuesday 3 October – 9am -3pm. Learn to sew a Spring wardrobe for your American Girl Doll including a stylish track top and pants, a drawstring backpack and a roll-up yoga mat – just what she needs to get fit for Summer. Cost: $120.
- Festival denim jumpsuit. Friday September 29 – 9am – 3pm. Due to popular demand we are running the festival jumpsuit workshop again. Dance to your favourite summer tunes in this printed denim jumpsuit with side pockets. Design with or without straps. We’ll teach you how to sew it and you wear it home. Cost: $120.
- Fly and be free jumper track top. Wednesday 27 September and Friday 6 October – 9am – 3pm. Kids will learn to sew a comfy jumper top with an un-brushed fleece and ribbing and embellished with beautiful embroidered Hummingbird patches. This track top can be styled to match the American doll track top if preferred. Cost: $120.
- Emoji pillow fun. Thursday September 28 – 9am – 11.30pm. Kids can express themselves by learning to sew an emoji of their choice. This workshop is always popular and a great beginners workshop. Cost: $60.
- Badged denim pencil case. Thursday September 28 or Monday October 2 – 12.30pm – 3pm. Learn to sew a lined pencil case embellished with cool patches and a zipper. This is a great beginners workshop. Cost: $60.
- Unicorn pillow workshop. Monday October 2 – 9am – 12pm. Your child will learn to sew a fabulous unicorn pillow that they will proudly show to everyone and sleep sweetly with! This is a great beginners workshop. Cost: $70.
INSIDE THE LINES TENNIS CAMP
When: Monday 25 September and Friday 29 September 2017, 9am to 3pm.
Where: Inside the Lines Tennis Academy – Richmond Tennis Centre, Windsor Street Richmond
Age group: Suitable for ages 5+.
Send your child to Inside The Lines Tennis Camp these September school holidays for 5 days of healthy outdoor tennis fun and games! There’s a free sausage sizzle lunch on Friday! The camp is only $130 for 5 days or $60 for 2 days. Racquets can be provided, no experience necessary. Limited spaces available so don’t miss out!
Like or follow the Facebook page for all the latest news, updates and events.
Contact: 457 88 999 | Website: insidethelines.net.au
SYDNEY HILLS GYMNASTICS
When: Week 1: Monday 25 September to Friday 29 September and Week 2: Tuesday 3 October to Friday 6 October
Where: Sydney Hills Gymnastics, Castle Hill
Age group: Suitable for ages 5-12 years, plus there’s a tumbling clinic each day from 12pm to 2pm suitable for 9-15 years.
The Sydney Hills Gymnastic Holiday Program is designed to keep your children occupied with fun and sporty activities. Gymnastics sessions cover trampolines, trapezes, bars and rolls, flexibility, coordination, strength, cartwheels and lots of fun. Children will have a gymnastics clinic in the morning, morning tea, then a second session of gymnastics. During morning tea-time kids will be supplied with a fruit juice drink and fruits for a snack. You only need to provide a lunch box for lunch. Drinking water is always accessible in the venue.
Kids who do the half day program are collected at 12:30pm. Children staying for the full day have lunch at 12:30pm. After lunch they have some activities such as movie watching, table games, drawing and craft. From 2pm to 3pm there’s another session in the gym with active games and challenge and kids can practise on their favourite apparatuses. After 3:05pm to 3:30pm kids are ready to be picked up. Long day stay is also available from 8.30am to 5pm. It’s a great way to improve fitness and confidence in your child. Enrol Online.
In addition, there’s a Tumbling Clinic daily for kids aged 9-15 years from 12pm to 2pm where they can improve their acro and tumbling skills with personalised tuition from the best coaches. Pre-requisite: experience required. Cost: $30 per person per clinic or 5 for $130. Enrol online.
Contact: 9659 9010 | Website: sydneyhillsgymnastics.com.au
GOLDEN RIDGE ANIMAL FARM – BE A FARMER FOR A DAY
When: Friday 6 October, Saturday 7 October and Sunday 8 October.
Age group: All ages.
This is one for the family calendar! Get your hands dirty on the farm and have a day you won’t forget. Golden Ridge Animal Farm will be open every day in the school holidays. A standard visit to the farm follows a path of activities – holding baby animals, walking around the farm feeding and seeing the larger farm animal varieties, milking the cow and bottle feeding the baby lambs and goats. The Be a Farmer for the Day events are extra special. You get full access to the farm and get to visit any animal whenever you like, fully supervised by one of our farmers. Plus there’s scarecrow stuffing, egg collecting, pony rides, animal feeding, sheep and goat racing, gumboot throwing competitions and more! Find out more details here.
Contact: 9651 1028 | Website: goldenridgeanimalfarm.com.au
THE LITTLE GYM
When: Monday 25 September to Saturday 7 October. Various times – see here for full schedules.
Where: The Little Gym Bella Vista and The Little Gym Dural
Age group: 3 years to 8 years and 6 years to 12 years.
During the school holidays, rain or shine, The Little Gym camps combine fun, sport, creative activities and learning to keep your kids active, entertained and laughing… all while carefully developing their minds, bodies and self-confidence! Children love them and so do the parents!
Full details on the schedule can be found here.
Contact: Dural 8443 0160 or Bella Vista 9836 5545 | Website: thelittlegym.com.au
When: Monday 25 September to Friday 6 October.
Age group: Years K-6 (co-ed)
ABSEILING – WAKEBOARDING – ARCHERY – TUBING – LASER TAG – SAILING – WATER-SKIING – CANOEING – ROCK CLIMBING – BMX BIKE RIDING
CRU Camps can help you get organised with the upcoming school holidays. Whether you’re looking for the overnight or day camp experience, there are multiple action-packed options to choose from. Register now and give your child unlimited fun these holidays.
What our camps offer:
- Exciting activities – including fun outdoor adventures
- Affordable care – great value for quality programs
- Caring community that ensures your child feels accepted and is encouraged to make new and lasting friendships
- Exceptional leaders who are dedicated to provide the best level and model of care to our campers
ACTIVITY CAMPS (OVERNIGHT, Yrs 3-6)
SPLASH – Mon 25 – Fri 29 September
MAC TIME – Mon 2 – Fri 6 October
DAY CAMPS (K-6)
CRU CRAZE | Beecroft – Mon 25 – Fri 29 September
CRU BOLT | North Parramatta – Tues 3 – Fri 6 October
Register now via www.crucamps.com.au or call: 02 9874 8933 (option 1)
MAXX MUSIC HOLIDAY MUSIC WORKSHOPS
When: Monday 25 September – Thursday 5 October
Where: Rouse Hill Town Centre
Age Range: 0 – 18 years depending on activity
Maxx Music has something for everyone these holidays. Workshops will be held at in Rouse Hill Town Centre at our School of Music and our new community music room, The Session Space.
On offer are music activities to inspire and enthuse your child, helping them (and in some cases you) develop confidence, build musical skills and make new friends.
Mini Music Makers on 25 September from 9.30am-10.30am. A fun musical experience, helping to develop your child’s linguistic, coordination and social skills. The session will include singing, movement and playing with simple percussion instruments. For 0-5 year olds and their grown-ups. Cost: $10
Family Ukulele Workshop on 25 September from 11.30am-12.30pm. The ukulele is a great introduction to music for both children and adults. They are fun, easy to get to grips with and won’t break the bank if you want to continue. For children aged 7 years + and their parent or guardian. Cost: $5
Musical Theatre Workshop on 26 September from 10am-3pm. A day of singing, dancing and acting for children aged 6-12yrs (school year 1-6). Cost: $69/day or $110 for this and the Pop Vocal Workshop.
Pop Vocal Workshop on 27 September from 10am-3pm. A day of funky, contemporary, harmony singing for girls. Expect Little Mix and more… Suitable for 8-12yrs (school years 3-6) Cost: $69/day or $110 for this and the Musical Theatre Workshop.
Make & Shake Percussion Workshop on 3 October from 10am-12pm. An exhilarating percussion workshop where your child can make their own instruments using upcycled materials and then create a percussive performance using them. Suitable for children aged 5-8 years (school years K-2). Cost: $30
Percussion Explosion on 5 October from 10am-12pm. An energetic and action-packed percussion workshop for experienced drummers and novices alike. There won’t be a drumkit in sight, but that won’t stop everyone from creating awesome beats! Suitable for children aged 8-12yrs (school years 3-6). Cost: $30
How to: Beginners Audio Production on 4 and 5 October from 9.30am-12.30pm. Do you want to be able to make your own recordings? This is a great way to develop basic music production skills, learning from acclaimed musician, producer and songwriter, Dave Bleus (Studio Bleus). For young people aged 13-18 years (school years 7-12). You will need your own laptop and ideally an interface to take this workshop. Cost: $98 for 2 x half day workshops.
TANIAS STRICTLY DANCING PERFORMING ARTS WORKSHOP
When: Wednesday 4 October – Thursday 5 October
Where: Norwest Business Park
Age Range: 5 – 16 years
Jazz – Hip-hop – Acrobatics – Contemporary – Cheerleading – Musical Theatre. Attend one or both days. Cost is $60 per day. Parents are invited to a performance on Day 2 at 4pm. For more information see here.