Registrations for the 2019 Winter Football (Soccer) Season are now open!
Make sure you visit hillsfootball.com.au and register for your local Hills Club. Hurry, places are limited so don’t leave it too late!
MiniRoos Soccer is designed for kids of all abilities, aged 4 – 11 years. The nation-wide initiative uses short, game-based sessions to introduce the sport of football to newcomers in an inclusive way. It focuses on learning new skills, being active, making life-long friends and, potentially, unearthing the next generation of Socceroos or Matildas.
Benefits for kids:
- Fun, football game-based sessions that build fundamental motor skills
- Activities aim to improve confidence and self-esteem
- Low participant-to-coach ratio resulting in greater individual engagement
- increased touches of the ball and more goal scoring opportunities
- Make new friends and develop fundamental social skills
- Develop values of team work, cooperation, fair play, and respect for others
- Develop a child’s ability to make quick decisions and improve reaction time
- Keep healthy by getting active
- Boys and girls also have the opportunity to play MiniRoos during half-time of selected Hyundai A-League / Westfield W-League / FFA Cup games throughout the summer football season, as well as international fixtures featuring our very own Socceroos and Westfield Matildas!
Benefits for parents:
- MiniRoos offers time friendly sessions and locations
- A nationally consistent program delivered by trained coaches
- Personal accident insurance provided
- A chance to interact and spend time with your kids and other members of the community
- Time to catch up with friends and family
- MiniRoos is conveniently operated at thousands of local clubs across the country, meaning parents shouldn’t have to travel too far to be part of the MiniRoos experience
- Constant supervision for your children in a fun, safe, welcoming environment
- Enjoy a coffee with your friends in the club rooms or be part of the MiniRoos action with your son or daughter on the pitch.
Active Kids voucher
Active Kids is a program to help NSW families meet the cost of getting their kids into sport and active fitness and recreation activities. The NSW Government will provide a $100 voucher to parents/guardians of school enrolled children. The $100 voucher can be used for registration and participation costs for sport and fitness activities. The initiative aims to reduce barriers to participation and help change the physical activity behaviours of children and young people in NSW. To claim your Active Kids voucher, click here.
Mums – you can play football too!
If you‘re yet to enjoy the buzz of playing football, then why not experience the World game from the pitch instead of the sideline this year? There’s never been a better time for you to join your local club and play football in 2019. Hills Football offers Friday night matches for all skill levels for ladies over the age of 35. It’s a great way to socialise, get fit, stay active and keep the kids entertained! To find your local club, please click here.