JTC Technology is an IT services business based in the Sydney Hills District.
We are looking for a part time (minimum 3 days a week) or full time IT Technical Support Officer.
We offer a family-friendly work environment and for the right candidate we can offer flexibility around school holiday periods.
What’s the role involve?
You will primarily be working in a school environment providing IT Technical Support as a level 2 technician.
You will be responsible to support and manage various IT systems and resolve complex technical issues.
You will have responsibility to plan and deliver IT projects and play a key role in maintaining a strong working relationship with the client and other technicians.
In this role, you will demonstrate existing technical skills and the ability to learn and adapt to new systems and technologies.
Specifically, you will need to have skills and experience in the following:
- Microsoft Windows 7 and/or Windows 10 Desktop installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Windows Server roles (DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, etc)
- Common networking tasks such as working with switches and IP addresses
- Hardware troubleshooting, and able to replace and upgrade common components
- Providing support to end-users for hardware and software technologies
Experience with, and knowledge of MacOS and iOS would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite.
The successful applicant will receive training in several client specific technologies, and if you are a little rusty on some of the above technologies, we can help you get up to date.
In addition to technical skills, you will require outstanding interpersonal and communication skills as you will need to:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients by providing excellent customer service and clear, concise and timely communication via phone, email and face to face.
- Be well organised and able to prioritise, seeking to promptly address any issues or concerns and obtain a positive outcome with attention to detail
- Provide proactive interaction with other team members to ensure standards and processes are being followed, so that our customers receive a consistently high level of service
- Provide a high level of professionalism, reliability and accountability, as others will be counting on you setting the best example and delivering the best possible service.
- Be mature, enthusiastic and personable, and give 110% to your work demonstrating initiative and resourcefulness at every opportunity
Working as part of a small-medium business, you will be ready to pitch in and assist with a range of other tasks and responsibilities to ensure the business operates effectively and successfully.
- You must have a minimum of 12 months prior experience in an IT support role in Australia.
- You must have a current Australian drivers’ licence (and access to a vehicle) with the willingness and ability to travel to your assigned customer site/s located in the Sydney metro area.
- Due to our client base, you will be required to obtain a valid NSW Working with Children Check clearance prior to engagement. (Search NSW WWCC for further information).
- You must be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency.
Does this role sound right for you?
If this career opportunity sounds of interest and you clearly meet the requirements, please forward an updated resume to JTC Technology.
To apply, please send your resume to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We kindly request that Recruitment Agencies refrain from contacting us or sending unsolicited applications.
If you apply for this role, please mention that you saw it advertised via Hills District Mums.