Role: Urban Planner
- Your main role is to support our Planning Manager coordinating internal and external resources and preparing planning applications on time and within budget.
- You will contribute to the success of Orion by completing planning tasks for Clients and providing internal planning advice to the broader (non-planning) team.
- You will be accountable to our Planning Manager who is a member of our Senior Management Team.
- You will relish the regular, proactive and friendly interaction with our Clients on projects you manage.
- You will use your planning skills to prepare development applications and planning proposals for Clients using our standard template documentation.
- You will engage your research and analytical skills to prepare planning advice and submissions.
- You will use your relationship building skills to negotiate development outcomes with authorities to obtain project approvals.
- You will increase your understanding of our business by assisting in the preparation of fee proposals and fortnightly updating of project budgets and project programs.
Skills and Expertise
- Degree that is recognised by the Planning Institute of Australia with around 1-3 years post graduate experience.
- Drivers licence – own vehicle is not required.
- Effective verbal and written communication in plain language.
- Ability to review planning controls and prepare Statements of Environmental Effects (SEE).
- We offer a boutique working environment with a young and diverse team of project managers, construction managers, designers and engineers who are dedicated to providing superior service to our valued Clients.
- We offer exposure to a growing pipeline of challenging planning work with loyal Clients in Sydney and beyond.
- We have a structure that offers opportunity for career progression alongside the growth of the business.
- We offer unstructured mentoring, guidance, ongoing support and supervision.
- We focus on spending more time getting the job done by minimising processes and administration tasks.
- We organise regular social activities.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
- You may be relatively new to the planning profession with a few years’ experience and looking for a supportive environment to hone your skills and build your experience.
- You may be looking for a full-time, part-time, job share opportunity or flexibility in work hours to fit work around your family commitments.
- You may be an experienced professional looking to return to the planning profession after a work break.
- You may be looking to move from the public sector into a private consulting role.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Nathan Croft on 0419 845 089. We would love for you to join Sydney’s newest Planning Team – please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more and apply online here.
If you apply for this role, please mention that you saw it advertised via Hills District Mums.