Rainbow Haven Kindergarten Open Day. Saturday 10 November. 10am – 12pm.
Rainbow Haven Kindergarten is tucked away among the beautiful landscape in Glenhaven, located on a 5 acre property. This Saturday 10 November, from 10am – 12pm, the centre is hosting their Open Day! It’s a good opportunity to meet some of the amazing educators and take a walk through the centre. (Located at the Kellyville end of Glenhaven road. Take the second side access road off the bridge once you’ve turned onto Glenhaven Road from Samantha Riley Drive).
My Kids Market NSW. Sunday 11 November, 9am – 12pm. Bernie Mullane Sports Complex Kellyville.
Like to save on baby & kids gear? My Kids Market NSW is back in Kellyville on Sunday 11 November where families will save $$$ on a huge range of gently used pre-loved baby and kids clothing, shoes, toys, books, prams, bikes, cots, highchairs, rockers and other nursery items just in time for Christmas. Free activities and face-painting for the kids! All indoors, pram friendly, cafe on site and plenty of free parking. Cash only, no ATM on site. $4 entry, kids free.
Where: Bernie Mullane Sports Complex, Marella Ave, Kellyville
When: Sunday 11 November, 9am – 12pm.
Parramatta Remembers. Sunday 11 November.
Commemorate the Centenary of the Armistice with a series of family-friendly activities and services.
- Remembrance Day Service. 10.30am – 11:30am. War Memorial, Prince Alfred Square, Parramatta Gather together at the War Memorial for a service led by City of Parramatta RSL sub-Branch. Watch a convoy of armoured and military vehicles arrive from the Lancer Barracks.
- Armistice Family Open Day. 12pm to 4pm. Royal Lancer Barracks and NSW Lancer Memorial Museum. 2 Smith Street, Parramatta. Enjoy a family-friendly open day at the Lancer Barracks, complete with:
- Kids activities and workshops
- Free community sausage sizzle lunch
- Live music and entertainment
- Armoured and military vehicle display
- World War 1 Home Front display
- Tour of the NSW Lancers Memorial Museum
- Parramatta Remembers Display and Poppy Wall. 22 October to 10 November 2018. Centenary Square, Parramatta. View the beautiful ‘River of Poppies’ display on the Memorial Gates in Centenary Square and read a collection of Parramatta stories which commemorate World War 1.
Centenary of Armistice at Bella Vista Farm Park. Sunday 11 November. 4.30pm to 9.30pm.
Tchaikovsky’s world-renowned 1812 Overture will echo through Bella Vista Farm Park on Sunday November 11 to mark the Centenary of Armistice. The Overture will be played by the Castle Hill RSL Youth Orchestra and be accompanied by the Royal Australian Army “big guns”. Other activities on the day will include performances from the Castle Hill RSL Pipe Band and the RNSW Lancers Band.
Gates open at 4.30pm. Attendees can bring a rug and a picnic.
The Rouse Hill Rumble. Sunday 11 November. 10am to 3pm. Rouse Hill Town Centre.
Rouse Hill Town Centre will host the 7th annual hot rods and customised vehicles exhibition known as Rouse Hill Rumble! Organised in association with Rodder’s Inc, this year’s event is set to delight. More than 100 customised cars dubbed to be Sydney’s toughest, lowest, fastest and most expensive models plus boats and trucks will be on display down Main Street for your viewing pleasure!
Rockabilly band, No Brakes, will also be performing live all day!
The exhibition will be open for public viewing from 10am with a trophy presentation for the top 10 vehicles occurring around 2pm, followed by a drive out parade.
Galston Valley Railway Open Day. Sunday 11 November. 9.30am to 3pm.
Run by the Hornsby Model Engineers’ Co-operative, Galston Valley Railway is an amazing and unique experience, particularly if you have a train fanatic in the family! It’s a miniature railway with a main line length of about 1km running through a picturesque bush setting, with a mix of steam and diesel trains. And it’s right here in the outer Hills, although you’d never know from simply driving past! We love it – you can read more here. 29 Mid Dural Road, Galston. Make sure all train riders are in enclosed shoes!
Earn Your Tucker at Rouse Hill House and Farm. Sunday 11 November. 10.30am to 12.30pm.
Below is a list of the main activities:
- Pump the water and grind cereal grains, and then feed it to the chickens before collecting their eggs.
- Learn how to do the egg test to make sure your egg is fresh.
- Churn the butter on the verandah, washing off the buttermilk and patting the butter into shape, before taking it home.
Ages 5+. Tickets can be purchased here.
Santa has landed at both Castle Towers and Rouse Hill Town Centre! Avoid the rush and get your Santa photos now! Even just drop in and say hi.
- Castle Hill Farmers and Fine Food Market. Saturday 10 November. Castle Hill Showground.
- My Kids NSW Market. Sunday 11 November. 9am to 12pm. Bernie Mullane, Kellyville. (See above)
- Kids Style Market. Sunday 11 November. 9am to 3pm. Blacktown Leisure Centre, Stanhope Gardens.
- Tangara Twilight Christmas Market. Sunday 11 November. 3pm to 8pm. Cherrybrook.
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.
Other articles that might interest you: