- Father’s Day – Sunday 3 September.
- Local Council elections – Saturday 9 September.
- School holidays start on Saturday 23 September. For a list of camps, holiday programs and care see our Spring School Holiday Guide.
- The Wardrobe at Castle Towers. Sydney’s fashion and beauty elite will expose the industry’s best kept secrets in a series of events and workshops at ‘The Wardrobe’ pop-up at Castle Towers this Spring, from Wednesday 23 August – Saturday 30 September 2017. A full list of workshops can be found here. Bookings are required and workshops cost between FREE and $20.
- Opening of Endeavour Park at Kings Langley. Saturday 2 September. 11am to 1pm.
- Arden Anglican School Spring Fair. Saturday 2 September. 8am to 3pm. Beecroft Campus.
- Every Tuesday Castle Hill RSL has Kids Day from 10.30am to 11.30am in their Courtyard.
- Cherrybrook Village. Let’s Get Counting at the CherryPatch. Wednesday 5 September. 10am – 12pm.
- Begin Bright Bella Vista School Readiness and Craft Workshop at Castle Mall Shopping Centre. Wednesday 6 September from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
- The Farm at Lynwood Country Club. Open every Tuesday and Thursday from 10am – 1pm, Friday 4.30pm -7.30pm, Saturday 11am – 2pm and Sunday 11.30am – 2.30pm. Bring the kids along to see rabbits, birds and sheep! They’ll be entertained by the animal feedings and learn about life on the farm.
- Free workshops for Hills residents – Terrarium Making. Friday 8 September from 10.30am to 12pm. Baulkham Hills.
- The Hills Schools’ Expo. Saturday 9 September and Sunday 10 September. 10am to 4pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- Orange Blossom Festival – BMX Shootout, 9 September, Castle Hill BMX Track – Fred Caterson Reserve
- Warrah Spring Fair. Saturday 9 September. 10am to 3pm. 20 Harris Road Dural.
- Lalor Park Preschool Annual Fete. Saturday 9 September. 9am to 1pm.
- Oatlands Primary School Diamond Jubilee Fair. Saturday 9 September. 10am to 4pm.
- Kenthurst Fair, 10 September, John Benyon Rotary Park. The Kenthurst Fair is a family fun day run by The Rotary Club of Kenthurst featuring a street parade, bands, clowns, food stalls, carnival rides and stage acts. 10am to 3pm.
- Galston Valley Railway Open Day. Sunday 10 September. 9.30am – 3pm.
- Toddler Tuesday at Winston Hills Mall. Second Tuesday of every month from 10am to 2pm – this month Tuesday12 September. Face painting, balloon twisting, fun, games, storytelling, workshops and more. Follow on Facebook for themes!
- Coffee and conversation with The Hills LAC – NSW Police Force. Wednesday 13 September. 10am to 11am. North Rocks Shopping Centre.
- Oktoberfest at the Bella Vista Hotel. Friday 15 September. 4pm until late.
- Orange Blossom Festival Annual Art Awards, 15-17 September, Harvey Lowe Pavilion – Castle Hill Showground. Castle Hill Art Society celebrates their 50th Anniversary in 2017 and has been a major event on the Orange Blossom Festival program since the Festival’s inception with their Annual Art Awards for adults’ and children’s paintings and sculptures. This exhibition provides a great opportunity to buy original art from local artists.
- Aussie Heat at The Australian Brewery. Saturday 16 September. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Orange Blossom Festival Photography Awards, 16-17 September, Federation Pavilion – Castle Hill Showground. Orange Blossom Festival Photography Competition and Exhibition is open to the general public as well as local schools. As well as the competition patrons can enjoy two free education style forums each day on a photography related topic.
- Orange Blossom Classic Car and Bike Display, 16 September, Castle Hill Showground.
- SHE Connective – SHE Rooms, 16 September, Thompson Hall Balcombe Heights. SHE Connective is a not-for-profit that provides health and welfare services to women of all ages. SHE Rooms will bring together a number of organisations who have shown through their values and purpose, a commitment to helping women on various issues relating to health and well being.
- Raising Kids in a Digital World with Dr Kristy Goodwin at Cherrybrook Village. Wednesday 20 September. 6pm to 9pm. More details here.
- The Essential Baby and Toddler Show. International Convention Centre. Friday 22 September to Sunday 24 September. 9.30am to 4pm.
- Dot’s Drive-In at Castle Hill Showground. Saturday 23 September and Sunday 24 September.
- Norwest Community Festival, 24 September, Bella Vista Farm.
- Irish Fun Day, 24 September, Castle Hill Heritage Park. On 24 September the Heritage Park Committee will host an Irish Fun Day from 11 am to 2 pm to celebrate the large number of Irish convicts who worked here and set off the first Australian rebellion on the Castle Hill Government Farm.
- Rolling Stones Tribute Show at the Australian Brewery. Saturday 30 September. Tickets can be purchased here.
The school holidays start in September and there’s stacks to do. Here are some suggestions. And check out the Hills District Mums website – there’s a dedicated school holidays section on the homepage!
- Hills Fair Trade Market – Saturday 2 September. 10am to 2pm. St Paul’s Church, Castle Hill.
- The Hills Mens Shed Market Day – Saturday 2 September. 8am to 3pm. Eric Mobbs Reserve.
- Sydney Boutique Markets – Sunday 2 September, 10am – 4pm. Rouse Hill Town Centre.
- Bella Vista Farm Open Day and Free Spirit Markets – Sunday 3 September. 9am to 2pm. Bella Vista Farm.
- Castle Hill Farmers and Fine Food Market – Saturday 9 September and Saturday 23 September 8am – 12pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- The Hills UPMarket – Sunday 24 September, 8.30am – 3pm. Hills District Pony Club.
- Glenorie Growers Market – Sunday 24 September, 8am – 1pm. Glenorie RSL.
- FREE storytime sessions for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers are held by libraries in the Hills throughout the week. For the full calendar see here.
- Sing, Rhyme and Story Time at North Rocks Shopping Centre. Every Tuesday in the Fun Lab. From 10am – 10.30am. You can then join in their interactive play group from 10.30am to 11am. Not held during school holidays.
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.
Other articles that might interest you: