This recipe is so easy. It’s a great weeknight meal idea – even the fussy eaters will like it! It’s paired with a simple salad but in the cooler months serve it with polenta or even mashed potatoes or pumpkin.
If you can’t find sage, you could use basil or you can omit it if the kids don’t like it and any leftovers can be made into a salad or used in a toasted sandwich – yum!
Chicken saltimbocca with lemon pan sauce
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 17 min
- 4 small chicken breast fillets, tenderloin removed, fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- ¼ cup teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 2 x 125g cans four bean mix
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 bunches asparagus.
1. Sprinkle chicken with rosemary. Wrap one prosciutto slice around each chicken breast fillet (secure with toothpicks if needed).
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook sage for 1 minute or until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Add chicken to pan and cook for 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a serving plate. Cover to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, add stock and juice and bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes or until sauce reduces by half.
4. Place tomato, rocket, beans, vinegar and remaining oil in a bowl. Toss to combine. Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until tender. Serve chicken with sauce, salad and asparagus.