If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
we, us, our or Hills District Mums means The Little Giraffe Co Pty Ltd (ABN 67 602 994 490); and you, your and yourself means the individual who is entering into an agreement with Hills District Mums or otherwise providing personal information to Hills District Mums.
1. Collection of personal information
Personal Information: The type of information we collect may include:
• contact details including email address, address and telephone number
• date of birth
• demographic information such as postcode
• preferences and opinions
• and any other information requested on this Site or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
We collect your information in a variety of ways as follows:
• Your use of hillsdistrictmums.com.au – As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
• Your opinion and feedback – We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
• Directly from you – when you phone or email or contact us via any other means.
• From third parties – such as our service providers.
• From publicly available sources – such as Facebook and other online search facilities.
2. Use of personal information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
• to contact and communicate with you
• for internal record keeping
• for market research and business development including website development
• for the purpose of providing information, products, services or marketing including direct marketing
• to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you
• to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you
• any other purpose related to the purposes described above and where permitted by law
3. Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information:
• to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them
• law enforcement agencies and regulatory and government authorities;
• where required by law;
• to third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; or
• for the purpose of facilitating the transfer or sale of all or part of our business or assets.
4. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Access – You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction – If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints – If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email or in writing to the details set out below setting out details of the breach. We will acknowledge your complaint and will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint within 30 days or such longer period as agreed with you. If you are not satisfied with our response,
you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
Postal address: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Unsubscribe – To unsubscribe from our email database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at the details below.
5. Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure
No information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
6. Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on this hillsdistrictmums.com.au from time to time. Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
7. Links to other websites
For any questions or notice, please contact us at:
• Hills District Mums, ABN 67 602 994 490
• PO Box 506 Beecroft NSW 2119
• Email: email@example.com
Last updated: January 2015