ELECTORATE LEAD FOR JULIAN LEESER MP, SHADOW ATTORNEY-GENERAL, SHADOW MINISTER FOR INDIGENOUS AUSTRALIANS, FEDERAL MEMBER FOR BEROWRA
- Electorate Lead – Members of Parliament Staff Act 1984
- Government – Federal
- Location – Pennant Hills
- Position type – non-ongoing (2.5 days per week) for up to 12 months, starting ASAP
- Remuneration – $70,969 pa (pro-rated) + 15.4% superannuation
Applications are invited for a part-time role as the Electorate Lead in the office of Julian Leeser MP, the Federal Member for Berowra.
This is a new role in a fun, family-friendly office with a terrific team culture. We are looking for someone outgoing and connected with the community, who has a deep love for the Berowra electorate, a background in stakeholder engagement or community outreach, and who wants to make a difference.
The key objective of the role is maintain and strengthen our connections across the whole of our community – schools, sports clubs, businesses, volunteer organisations and others. You will be highly-organised, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and balancing multiple competing priorities. You will play a critical role in reaching out to individuals and groups, arranging events, and helping to build on the deep connections with the electorate that Julian has been growing for many years.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Developing and executing our electorate strategy
- Managing key relationship and key stakeholders
- Planning and delivering community events across the Berowra electorate
- Developing event briefs and talking points when required
- Managing volunteers, doorknocking and phone canvassing
- Maintaining and continuously improving our contact lists and community information
- Living our office values of professionalism, respect, communication and innovation.
If you are interested in a part-time role working with a fabulous team, please send us your resume.
The position is offered under the Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 with conditions as outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2020-2023, which include:
- a commencing salary of up to $70,969 (pro-rated)
- an employer superannuation contribution of 15.4%.
You may need to undergo a National Police History Check, and may be subject to a probationary period of up to three months.
Applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org, and should include:
- a CV with the names of two referees, and
- a short covering letter addressing your interest in the position, and your key skills and experience.
Applications close on Sunday 19 February 2023.
For further information please contact Tracey Shute by telephone on (02) 9980 1822, or via email on email@example.com.
If you apply for this role, please mention you saw it advertised via Hills District Mums.