ROLE: School Canteen Supervisor
Are you an organised, enthusiastic, and friendly person ready to join our fantastic school as our Canteen Supervisor?
Your role will be to plan, organise, supervise, and run all aspects of the school canteen. This is the perfect role for you if you are looking at working school hours for three days a week. A bonus is that you will have every school holidays off!
- Three days a week (Wednesday – Friday), 8.15am to 2pm with 30 mins lunch break
- Permanent part-time position on a 12-month contract, reviewed annually
- $26.59 per hour (Fast Food Award 2010 – Level 3), including benefits
- Every school holidays off!
- Overall responsibility of management of the day-to-day operations of the canteen
You will oversee the canteen daily with the support each day from our school community volunteers, who will report into you whilst on duty.
Some of the other duties in this role will involve:
- Ordering, purchasing, and checking all supplies and reviewing costs regularly
- Preparation and cooking of recess and lunch orders
- Co-operate with the P&C in organising special events being conducted by the school.
- Ensuring good hygiene practices and cleaning incidental to the main function of the canteen is carried out regularly
To be eligible for this position you must have:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability for the profitable management and operation of the school canteen including daily banking and record keeping, stock management, menu development and training and management of canteen staff and volunteers
- Demonstrated understanding of healthy eating and ability to prepare, cook and promote healthy foods
- Understanding of NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy
- Up to date with COVID vaccinations
- Hold a valid paid WWCC
- Food Handling Certificate or equivalent, desirable not essential
Don’t miss your chance to join our fantastic school! Apply now.
If you are interested and would like to apply please send off your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be in touch if you have been successful to our shortlist and to send you a copy of the full job description.
If you apply for this role, please mention you saw it advertised via Hills District Mums.