Work has commenced on the construction of Community Facilities at Cheltenham Oval. New sporting and community facilities will be provided to replace those removed for the Sydney Metro Northwest project.
The new facilities include:
- 3 new multi-purpose courts sized and marked for netball with surface finishes to competitive netball standards
- A half-court multi-purpose practice area
- Floodlighting to all courts to enable evening use
- 2 resurfaced cricket nets and run up area
- A new playground area with equipment to suit babies through to 9 year olds plus an area for 10 to 14 year old age groups with soft fall play surface
- A new community building to the north of the Oval and new netball storage and amenities building adjacent to the courts and children’s playground
- Expanded car park area with improved access from Castle Howard Rd
- Toilet facilities.
Construction of the new facilities has commenced and will be completed by late 2018.
Other articles that might interest you…..
If you liked this article you should also check out: