Santa’s Arrival at Castle Towers. Saturday 4 November. From 11.30am.
Santa Claus is headed to Castle Towers and to celebrate his arrival, Castle Towers will be welcoming the jolly man with a festive parade on Saturday 4 November from 11:30am. A 20-piece band will be marching throughout the centre with Santa, Mrs Claus, Frosty and many more friends! Following the parade, kids can meet their favourite Christmas characters and enjoy entertainment throughout the day from Rockette Reindeers, Tapping Elves and so much more! Photos with Santa will start from 12pm in Centre Court and continue through to Christmas Eve. For more information click here.
Santa’s Arrival at Rouse Hill Town Centre. Saturday 4 November.
Santa, Mrs. Clause as well as over 800 of Santa’s friends will perform in a magical parade down Main Street from 11am. This will be followed by a concert in Town Square with Santa and his special guests to kick off the festive season at RHTC.
Family Day: Architecture. Powerhouse Castle Hill. Saturday 4 November. From 10am.
Powerhouse presents workshops, drop-in sessions and demonstrations focusing on architecture in the Powerhouse Collection.
- Lahznimmo Architects X Powerhouse 10am–4pm. Co-developed with Lahznimmo Architects and Powerhouse, families are invited to be a team of architects to problem solve, design and create a new piece of architecture.
- Minecraft Quick Build Challenge 10.30am–3.30pm. Join our Quick Build Challenge to design and create a building in 10 minutes or less in our Minecraft world.
- Tower Challenge 10am–4pm. The Tower Challenge will test your family’s physical and fine motor skills. How high can you build a tower using pegs and popsicle sticks?
- Paper Model Building 10am–4pm. Families are invited to reconstruct iconic buildings around Castle Hill using paper, through examining the basic shapes and blocks that make up these iconic building designs.
- Mystery Object Challenge 10.30am, 11.30am, 1.30pm, 2.30pm. Calling all budding historians, archaeologists and sleuths to see if you can identify historic mystery objects in this family friendly activity.
- Lost Cities Tour 11am, 1pm, 3pm . Explore remnants saved from long-gone buildings, including a waterfront mansion, shopping centre and even a palace. Explore highlights of Sydney’s constant reinvention and discover secrets about the city you thought you knew so well.
Celebrate Diwali at Bella Vista Pocket Park
- dance performances by Rasika Dance Academy and Nikhil Goyal & Group
- DJ beats by Guru Productions
- face-painting by Kidz Mantra
- henna design workshops by Diwali Delight Group
- rangoli painting workshops by CMRC
- Indian street food by Dakshin Eats and Calcutta Kathi Rolls.
Normanhurst West Public School Family Fun Day. Sunday 5 November. 10am to 3pm.
Normanhurst West Public School is promising an action-packed extravaganza with over 12 thrilling carnival rides, an assortment of market stalls, captivating displays, delightful books, scrumptious cakes, and endless fun! There truly is something for everyone to enjoy – from the exhilarating Dodgem Cars, Teacups, Kanga Bounce, Windjammer, and so much more! Be sure to explore the various displays and performances presented by their talented students and local groups. Don’t miss the opportunity to peruse the book stall, where you might find your next favorite read. And if you’re feeling lucky, join in on the excitement of their silent auction! Normanhurst West Public School is located on the corner of Sefton Road and Dartford Road Thornleigh.
- Aussie NightMarket – Saturday 4 November. 5pm to 10pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- Sydney Boutique Markets – Sunday 5 November. 10am to 4pm. Rouse Hill Town Centre.
- Bella Vista Farm Open Day. Sunday 5 November. 9am to 2pm.
- The Farm at Lynwood Country Club. Every Sunday 11.00am – 2.00pm. Bring the kids along to see rabbits, birds and sheep! They’ll be entertained by the animal feedings and learn about life on the farm.
- Rouse Hill Estate open to the public. Every Sunday. 10am to 4pm.
- Go for a bush walk. Here are our favourite kid friendly bush walks in the Hills.
- Go for a bike or scooter ride. Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths.
Other articles that might interest you:
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.