Santa’s arrival parade. Seven Hills Plaza. Saturday 2 December, 10am to 10.45am.
Seven Hills Plaza is kicking off the holiday season with a Santa Arrival for the whole family! Get into the Christmas spirit as Santa arrives at the centre. Mrs Claus, Rudolph, Frosty & friends will be there to help celebrate too, plus, there’ll be entertainers and live music to put you in the festive mood.
Light Up Windsor Street Fair. Saturday 2 December. From 5pm to 9pm.
Windsor Mall, George Street and Thompson Square will with burst to life with Christmas cheer, including more than 70 market stalls – our biggest market yet! There will also be snow flurries, Christmas lights, free face painting, roaming and on-stage entertainment and fun family activities.
The main stage on George Street will provide hours of family entertainment including the best in local music and dance talent. With stalls offering Christmas decorations, homewares, pet gifts, handmade jewellery and more, plus many of the Windsor Mall shops open for trading, Light Up Windsor will be the perfect opportunity to find Christmas gifts for your loved ones. Local cafes and restaurants will also be open, meaning you’ll also have plenty of options for a bite to eat. Of course, there will be a very special visit during the evening from Santa and Mrs Claus, and his special festive helpers!
Family Fun Day at Powerhouse Castle Hill. Saturday 2 December. 10am to 4pm.
A free, family friendly day of demonstrations, guided workshops, tours and hand-on activities for people of all ages, inspired by current exhibition Holidays. Also includes the Youth Makers Market. For full details see here.
Christmas Wreath Workshop at Bella Vista Hotel. Sunday 3 December at 2pm.
Lead by the floral experts from the team behind Lucy Oh Creations, you’ll learn the techniques to create a beautiful, festive piece for your home. All materials will be provided along with fresh and native foliage. Your finished wreath will dry naturally and with safe keeping, will be able to be kept for future. Tickets are $125 per person inclusive of a cocktail on arrival, all workshop equipment and your beautiful Christmas wreath to take home. Workshop runs from 2pm – 3pm
Limited spots are available. Book your spot today!
- Carols by Candlelight at Baulkham Hills North Public School. Saturday 2 December. 6pm to 8.30pm.
- Carols on the Lawn at Parramatta Christian Church. Saturday 2 December from 5.30pm to 9pm. Barney Street, North Parramatta.
We produce a list of lights in the Hills each year. Click here to view. If we’re missing any great lights or you can provide an exact address, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If any listed are not going ahead, please let us know. Also, if you have a photo of any we’d love to see it – send it to us at email@example.com.
Launch of Christmas at Hillsong. Sunday 3 December from 6pm. Every night after dark in December, see the Hillsong Hills property light up. Hillsong Sydney Hills Campus, 1-5 Solent Circuit Baulkham Hills.
Hills Christmas Fair. Hills Adventist College. Sunday 3 December.
The Hills Christmas Fair is bringing the Christmas spirit to North Kellyville! Join them on Sunday 3 December for an evening filled with festive fun. Entry is free and there will be fun for the whole family including:
- Market Stalls with delicious food, Christmas gifts and more.
- Face Painting
- Petting Zoo
- Live Music and Performances
Hills Adventist College – 2 Gumnut Close, Kellyville.
Sydney Zoo’s Christmas Animal Kingdom
From 24 November to 24 December, Sydney Zoo in Eastern Creek will transform into a magical Christmas wonderland blending wildlife, wonder, and the spirit of the season. The event will feature millions of festive lights, breathtaking Christmas displays, 4,000 animals, entertainment and FREE activities for all.
Explore the Magical Snow Land, zip down the giant snow slide, wander into Candyland and decorate your own gingerbread, get crafty at the Elves workshop, check out Rudolph’s Barn, take a spin on the roller rink or post a letter express to the North Pole at Mrs. Claus’ Post Office. Plus, no visit would be complete without the jolly man in red. You can even capture the moment with a professional Santa photo to take home. And every child will receive a FREE gift from Santa!
Don’t miss your chance to be part of the ultimate Christmas celebration alongside your favourite animals at Sydney Zoo’s Christmas Animal Kingdom. For more details and to purchase tickets see here.
Get your photo with Santa
Santa has arrived at shopping centres and now is the time to get your Christmas photos before it gets too busy!
- Castle Towers – Santa has already arrived at his enchanted forest set. Bookings can be made here.
- Rouse Hill Town Centre – Santa is once again doing photos in his gorgeous house. There are also pet Santa sessions too.
- Winston Hills Mall – Santa is back in his cottage! Bookings for photos can be made here.
- Seven Hills Plaza – sessions available for bookings from 2 December. Bookings for photos can be made here.
- Stanhope Village – sessions available for bookings from 25 November.
- North Rocks Shopping Centre – sessions available for bookings from 25 November.
- Twilight Christmas Markets at the Australiana Pioneer Village. Friday 1 December. Get a photo with Santa and Mrs Claus, shop at the stalls, sing-a-long to the Carols, indulge in yummy eats, take a twilight train ride or a hay ride around the lagoon. 5pm to 9pm. $3 entry per person.
- Sydney Boutique Markets – Two Day Christmas Market. Saturday 2 December and Sunday 3 December. Rouse Hill Town Centre. 10am to 4pm.
- The Farm at Lynwood Country Club. Every Sunday 11.00am – 2.00pm. Bring the kids along to see rabbits, birds and sheep! They’ll be entertained by the animal feedings and learn about life on the farm.
- Rouse Hill Estate open to the public. Every Sunday. 10am to 4pm.
- Go for a bush walk. Here are our favourite kid friendly bush walks in the Hills.
- Go for a bike or scooter ride. Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths.
Other articles that might interest you:
- The Ultimate Guide to Christmas in the Hills
- Best playgrounds for Under 5s
- Day trips from the Hills
- Parks & coffee – a mum’s perfect combination
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.