Easter is all about family, friends, Jesus and a special bunny that visits on Sunday morning. Don’t forget, Good Friday and Easter Sunday are restricted shopping days in NSW. What does this mean? Basically everything is shut. But things often go pear-shaped when everything’s shut right? If you need medical or well-being help this long weekend here is a list of phone numbers and other resources which should help you out.
Golden Ridge Animal Farm Easter Egg Hunt. Friday 19 April, Saturday 20 April and Sunday 21 April. 10am to 2.30pm.
For the 5th year running Golden Ridge Animal Farm is holding an Easter Egg Hunt at the farm. Participate in all the normal activities as well as enjoy collecting some eggs around the farm which you will get to swap for 3 prizes. Each child that comes along will get prizes and there will be a few special eggs to find that will win the families some cool prizes including farm passes, toys and games for the kids!
Activities for the day:
- Farm walk and feeding all the large animals around the farm
- Entry into the open paddock for a close up and hands on experience with the goats and sheep
- Cow milking
- Bottle Feeding baby lambs and goats
- Egg Collecting and Prize Swap
Fun at the local shopping centres
- Free Easter Craft at North Rocks Shopping Centre. Colour in and design your very own Easter tote bag. Plus meet the Easter Bunny. Saturday 20 April. 11am to 2pm.
- Free Easter Craft at Castle Mall. Saturday 20 April. 11am to 2pm. Decorate your own Easter basket or bunny mask. On Easter Saturday you can also meet the Easter Bunny. He will be roaming the Centre between 1-4pm.
- Meet the Easter Bunny at Castle Towers. The Easter Bunny will be hopping around the Towers between 11am and 2pm on Saturday 20 April.
- Easter Craft Zone at Rouse Hill Town Centre – Decorate your baskets for an Easter Egg Hunt. Saturday 20 April from 11am to 2pm (excluding Good Friday).
- The Dessert Academy at Castle Towers. Chocolate Egg Workshop – Thursday 18 April, 6pm & 7:30pm. Cake Stacking Workshops – Saturday 20 April, 3pm & 4:30pm. Bookings essential.
Easter at local establishments
- Bella’s Easter Thursday Party. Bella Vista Hotel. Thursday 18 April. From 8pm.
- Easter Brunch at Bella Garden. Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. See here for session times.
- Fun for kids at The Australian Brewery from 12pm to 2pm. Kids Plaster Craft – Good Friday. Fun and games with Alice in Wonderland – Easter Saturday. Fun and games with Easter Girl – Easter Sunday. Easter Egg Hunt and meet the Easter Bunny – Easter Monday.
- Easter Farm at Castle Hill RSL. Saturday 20 April from 2.30pm to 5.30pm.
- Easter Farm at Lynwood Country Club. Sunday 21 April. 11.30am to 3.30pm.
- Glenorie Bakery is open all weekend. Check out their Facebook page for details on what is on.
- Go on a bushwalk. Here are some kid friendly bushwalks in the Hills.
- Take your bikes, trikes or scooters out for a ride on one of the learn-to-ride tracks.
- Jump in the car and take a trip to an awesome playground outside of the Hills. Here is a list.
- Pick your own fruit. Here is a list of where you can go this Autumn.
Relax at a local cafe
- The Bakehouse North Kellyville. Open everyday.
- The Local Collective, Galston, Open Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday.
- The Burrow, Cherrybrook. Open Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. And kids eat free if you mention Hills District Mums. Read more here.
- Limestone Cafe, Schofields. Open Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.
- Longshot Cafe, Beecroft. Open Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.
- Wild Pear Cafe, Dural. Open Easter Saturday and Easter Monday.
- The Local Trade, Kellyville. Open Easter Saturday and Easter Monday.
- The Hidden Jem, Kenthurst. Open Easter Saturday and Easter Monday.