Sydney Zoo’s Christmas Animal Kingdom
From 24 November to 24 December, Sydney Zoo in Eastern Creek will transform into a magical Christmas wonderland blending wildlife, wonder, and the spirit of the season. The event will feature millions of festive lights, breathtaking Christmas displays, 4,000 animals, entertainment and FREE activities for all.
Explore the Magical Snow Land, zip down the giant snow slide, wander into Candyland and decorate your own gingerbread, get crafty at the Elves workshop, check out Rudolph’s Barn, take a spin on the roller rink or post a letter express to the North Pole at Mrs. Claus’ Post Office. Plus, no visit would be complete without the jolly man in red. You can even capture the moment with a professional Santa photo to take home. And every child will receive a FREE gift from Santa!
Don’t miss your chance to be part of the ultimate Christmas celebration alongside your favourite animals at Sydney Zoo’s Christmas Animal Kingdom. For more details and to purchase tickets see here.
Black Friday at Rouse Hill Town Centre
Shop the Black Friday sales and be in with a chance to win over $15,000 worth of prizes in RHTC’s Spend, Vend and Win vending machine! PLUS, Movie Minders is back, meaning you can shop in peace while the kids enjoy the new Trolls movie!
Spend, Vend and Win – As part of the BEST. BLACK FRIDAY. EVER Rouse Hill Town Centre is rewarding you for shopping the sales with the chance to win over $15,000 worth of prizes in its Spend, Vend and Win vending machine! Friday 24 and Saturday 25 November 2023. Spend $100 or more in-centre (excluding supermarkets) between 10am – 3pm and present your receipts to the promotional staff located int he Kmart Quad for your chance to win over $15K in prizes. Everyone will win a delicious Black Friday choccie. Plus, every entry will automatically be entered in the second chance draw for the chance to win a $10K gift card! *Terms and conditions apply.
Movie Minders – Kids can enjoy new release movie, Trolls Band Together, while you shop the sales! Movie Minders will watch your little ones whilst you shop the biggest and best deals of the year, child free! For $10, your kids can watch a new release movie and enjoy a vanilla choc top, while being supervised by certified childcare professionals! Saturday 25 November, 9:15am -11:45am. Reading Cinemas. Children aged 4+. Registration begins at 9.15am, for 10am movie start. Pick up time will be approximately 11.45am. Collection details will be coordinated at your registration on drop off. Click here to book.
Black Friday at Castle Towers. Friday 24 November to Sunday 26 November.
In addition to Black Friday deals by retailers, Castle Towers will be hosting an Emperor Champagne Bar and there’s also a chance to win if you spend over $200!
- To book into the Emperor Champagne Bar – click here.
- Spend over $200 for your chance to win a $50 gift card OR a play Catch a Prize in-centre to score an instant prize. T&C’s apply.
Black Friday at HomeCo. Castle Hill. Saturday 25 November. Victoria Ave Castle hill.
It’s the perfect day to save and bring the kids along for some fun from 10am to 2pm:
- Giveaway Stations
- Roving Jazz Musicians
- Free Face Painting and Glitter Bars
Nova FM’s CasaNovas with Gift Card giveaways from 12 Noon.
Blacktown Christmas Light Up Concert. Friday 24 November. 5pm to 9pm.
Includes christmas carols, live stage performances by community groups, face painting and a visit from Santa Claus. Civic Plaza, Flushcombe Road, Blacktown. More details here.
Riverstone Christmas Concert. Saturday 25 November. 5pm to 9pm.
Riverstone will welcome the 2023 festive season with its annual Christmas tree light up and concert in the Sam Lane Complex, Park Street from 5pm to 9pm. Local residents can enjoy live performances by local community groups, Christmas carols, a visit from Santa, and free face painting. At 8.50 pm the Christmas tree will be lit up, showcasing it’s fairy lights and vibrant decorations.The night will also include the launch of the Mayoress Christmas Gift Appeal.
Sports and Community Expo at Castle Hill RSL. Saturday 25 November. 10am to 4pm.
Castle Hill RSL are launching a brand new Sports & Community Expo! With close to 20 exhibitors, celebrity appearances, interactive games, live demonstrations and Alive 90.5 FM broadcasting live from the foyer it’ll be an incredible day showcasing all our local sporting and community clubs. These Expos are opportunities for our local sports clubs & community groups to demonstrate the services they provide. For children and young people, it’s an opportunity to learn more about what’s available in the area, try out a new sport, and most importantly, have fun! Children get the opportunity to try out a wide range of activities and even register with various clubs or groups on the day. The Castle Hill Police will also be making an appearance for colouring with a cop.
The Sports & Community Expo is free to attend and will be held on Saturday 25 November from 10am until 4pm. Exhibitors will be scattered throughout the Courtyard Precinct, so grab your map and have all your stops stamped off along the way! To find out more click here.
Get your photo with Santa
Santa has arrived at shopping centres and now is the time to get your Christmas photos before it gets too busy!
- Castle Towers – Santa has already arrived at his enchanted forest set. Bookings can be made here.
- Rouse Hill Town Centre – Santa is once again doing photos in his gorgeous house. There are also pet Santa sessions too.
- Winston Hills Mall – Santa is back in his cottage! Bookings for photos can be made here.
- Stanhope Village – sessions available for bookings from 25 November.
- North Rocks Shopping Centre – sessions available for bookings from 25 November.
- Castle Hill Farmers and Fine Food Market. Saturday 25 November. Castle Hill Showground. 8am to 12pm.
- The Hills UPMarket Sunday 26 November 9am to 2pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- Hills Community Christmas Carols. 444 Galston Road Dural. Sunday 26 November. 6pm to 10pm.
- The Farm at Lynwood Country Club. Every Sunday 11.00am – 2.00pm. Bring the kids along to see rabbits, birds and sheep! They’ll be entertained by the animal feedings and learn about life on the farm.
- Rouse Hill Estate open to the public. Every Sunday. 10am to 4pm.
- Go for a bush walk. Here are our favourite kid friendly bush walks in the Hills.
- Go for a bike or scooter ride. Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths.
Other articles that might interest you:
- The Ultimate Guide to Christmas in the Hills
- Best playgrounds for Under 5s
- Day trips from the Hills
- Parks & coffee – a mum’s perfect combination
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.