Talk about a Hills tradition! For over 40 years now, volunteers have been spreading joy throughout the Hills on their annual Santa Runs. This is a fabulous event that brings neighbours together and it’s the perfect way to say thanks and offer a small donation if the firies are collecting. Here’s a summary of which ones are on this weekend. Enjoy!
- Box Hill Nelson Brigade – From 4.30pm Friday 16 December. A Santa tracker will be enabled closer to the date. See the route details on the Brigade’s Facebook page.
- Westleigh Rural Fire Brigade Santa Run – Sunday 18 December – commencing from Warrigal Drive, Westleigh at 8.30am and visiting Westleigh and parts of Thornleigh and Normanhurst. The route can be found here.
- Dural Rural Fire Brigade Santa Run – Sunday 18 December – you will see Santa in the fire truck (with sweet treats) around St Jude’s Terrace from 3.30pm and around Sebastian Drive from 4pm.
- Galston Rural Fire Brigade Santa Run – Sunday 18 December – 4pm – commence from Galston Fire Brigade.
FINISH: 6.30pm – Galston Village Shops (Carpark Outside the Thai Square Cuisine)
- Johnson Rd, Lackenwood Cres, Hansen Ave & Hakea Cres
- Sylvan St, Devon Place, Forest Pl, Glen St & The Glade
- Gardiner, Martin Rd, Nancy Place
- The Galston Club (In the Playground Outside)
Christmas Movies on the Green. Molly’s Pavilion, Cheltenham. Saturday 17 December. 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Watch a Christmas movie on the Green. $12 per child includes movie ticket, sausage sizzle & popcorn. BYO Picnic Blanket and cushions. The movie this week is The Polar Express. For more details see here.
Make your own magic reindeer food at Stanhope Village
Exclusive for Together + Co members! Get extra creative this Christmas at their Reindeer Food Station. Kids can make up their very own bag of Reindeer food to sprinkle on their lawn on Christmas Eve for Rudolph and all of Santa’s Reindeer. Saturday 17 December to Saturday 24 December from 11am to 2pm.
Thornleigh Community Christmas Carols. Sunday 18 December at Headon Park from 5pm to 9pm.
Carols on the Lawn. Kellyville Anglican Church. Sunday 18 December. From 6pm. Carols start at 7pm.
Glenorie Community Carols 2022. Les Shore Reserve, Old Northern Rd, Glenorie. 6pm Sunday 18 December.
Christmas Spectacular at Hillsong. Saturday 17 December and Sunday 18 December. Shows at 4pm and 7pm (plus additional show at 1pm on Sunday). Tickets are only $5. Buy your tickets here. There is also a Christmas Community Festival with free rides from 11:30 am — 4:00 pm.
We produce a list of lights in the Hills each year. Click here to view. If we’re missing any great lights or you can provide an exact address, please email us at email@example.com. If any listed are not going ahead, please let us know. Also, if you have a photo of any we’d love to see it – send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glenorie Village Markets. Sunday 18 December. 9am to 1pm. Les Shore Reserve, Glenorie.
Other articles that might interest you:
- The Ultimate Guide to Christmas in the Hills
- Christmas Lights in the Hills
- Pubs, Clubs or Restaurants with a Playground in the Hills
- Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths
- Parks & coffee – a mum’s perfect combination
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.