Castle Towers – It’s Not Rocket Science – 4 July to 15 July.
This is your last chance to check out the It’s Not Rocket Science Exhibit and follow the virtual intergalatic trail at Castle Towers. The workshops are fully booked out but you can still do the follow the intergalactic trail. Find out more here.
Creature – PHIVE’s free interactive play space. Saturday 1 July – Sunday 16 July 2023, PHIVE at 5 Parramatta Square.
These school holidays, explore the unique sounds, sights and wildlife of the Australian bush in PHIVE’s FREE immersive play space featuring interactive digital projections. Step inside Creature to experience the Australian landscape though the play space of interactive, digital projections. Be greeted by the bounding kangaroos, the chirp of the crickets and croaking frogs. Chase the moon and send the stars swirling with the help of your friends.
Creature is an immersive play space with interactive visuals that will send imaginations into a world of discovery. Workshop performances on Thursday to Sunday will encourage children to take centre stage and explore this magical setting through creative movement and artistry.
Visit Creatures of the Ice Age at Sydney Zoo. Saturday 1 July – Sunday 6 August
Get ready to chill with the coolest gang in town! Creatures of the Ice Age have emerged from their frozen hideaways and have made themselves at home at Sydney Zoo! FREE with your zoo ticket.
Powerhouse Castle Hill
- Family Minecraft – ages 7+ – Saturday 15 July – 10.30am to 12.30pm – book here.
- Minecraft Play – ages 7-12 – 15 and 16 July – 1pm to 3pm – book here.
- Stop Motion Animation wth Emily Besser – ages 6-12 – 15 and 16 July – 1pm to 3pm – book here.
- Make a Drawbot – ages 5+ – Sunday 16 July – 10am to 11am and 11.30am to 12.30pm. Book here.
Pick your own fruit
Check out our list of places to visit here. At the moment mandarin picking is the thing to do! And you can also get tomatoes and pink lady apples.
The Farm at Lynwood Country Club. Every Sunday 11am – 2pm.
Bring the kids along to Lynwood Country Club to see rabbits, goats and sheep! They’ll be entertained by the animal feedings and learn about life on the farm.
- Go for a bush walk. Here are our favourite kid friendly bush walks in the Hills.
- Go for a bike or scooter ride. Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths.
Other articles that might interest you:
- Winter School Holidays Guide
- Best playgrounds for Under 5s
- Day trips from the Hills
- Parks & coffee – a mum’s perfect combination
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.