National Tree Day. Sunday 30 July.
Planet Ark’s National Tree Day started in 1996 and has grown into Australia’s largest community tree planting and nature care event. It’s a call to action for all Australians to get their hands dirty and give back to the community. You can see on the map below that there are a variety of community sites where planting will occur including:
- Hills Shire Council – They will be planting out a section along the stormwater canal at Wheelie Park, Cataract Road, Gables, with native ground covers and shrubs of the Cumberland Plain to increase connectivity and provide habitat and food for native animals.
- Blacktown City Council – Glenwood Reserve
- City of Parramatta Council – The objective of the 2023 City of Parramatta National Tree Day event is to plant 10,000 native seedlings along the creek line at 71 Ulm Street Dundas, continuing their multi year rehabilitation and revegetation project on this site.
- Hornsby Shire Council – Beecroft Village Green
More information can be found here.
Taylor Swift v Brittany Spears Musical Brunch at Bella Vista Hotel. Saturday 29 July and Sunday 30 July from 11am.
Join in an electrifying weekend of music at Bella Vista Hotel, as they present the ultimate showdown between two female pop music legends – Taylor Swift vs Britney Spears. Prepare to indulge in a delicious brunch menu, as a live musician performs all hits from Taylor Swift and Britney Spears. Get ready to sing your heart out and dance to your favorite tunes! To complement the brunch, they are also offering a 2-hour cocktail package (optional upgrade)
Bookings are essential for this exclusive 18+ event, with time slots available at 11am, 12 noon, or 1pm. The ticket price for the brunch and cocktail package is $75 per person, while the brunch-only option is available at $55 per person. Book your spot here.
Visit Creatures of the Ice Age at Sydney Zoo. Saturday 1 July – Sunday 6 August
Get ready to chill with the coolest gang in town! Creatures of the Ice Age have emerged from their frozen hideaways and have made themselves at home at Sydney Zoo! FREE with your zoo ticket.
Pick your own fruit
Check out our list of places to visit here. At the moment mandarin picking is the thing to do! And you can also get tomatoes and pink lady apples.
The Farm at Lynwood Country Club. Every Sunday 11am – 2pm.
Bring the kids along to Lynwood Country Club to see rabbits, goats and sheep! They’ll be entertained by the animal feedings and learn about life on the farm.
- Glenorie Village Markets. Sunday 30 July. 9am to 1pm.
- Go for a bush walk. Here are our favourite kid friendly bush walks in the Hills.
- Go for a bike or scooter ride. Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths.
Other articles that might interest you:
- Term 3 Activities and Classes Guides
- Best playgrounds for Under 5s
- Day trips from the Hills
- Parks & coffee – a mum’s perfect combination
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.