Discovery Walkthrough: Recycled Ideas. Every Saturday and Sunday in February. Powerhouse Castle Hill. 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
Powerhouse Castle Hill is a storage collaboration with the Australian Museum and Sydney Living Museums. It is open every Saturday and Sunday for the general public to explore. There are also themed walkthroughs every weekend. This weekend is Recycled Ideas. Join a 30-minute guided tour and discover sustainable living innovations and habits from the past that are regaining popularity in the modern day. See former objects from home life, entertainment and transport. For more information see here.
After Party Band live at Bella Vista Hotel. Saturday 11 February. From 9pm
The Bella Vista Hotel goes off every Saturday night with lie bands. This week you can catch the After Party Band. Show starts at 9pm, with a live DJ post show! Make a night of it and book a table for dinner beforehand.
Galston Valley Railway Open Day. Sunday 12 February. 9.30am – 3pm.
Run by the Hornsby Model Engineers’ Co-operative, Galston Valley Railway is a miniature railway with a main line length of about 1km running through a picturesque bush setting, with a mix of steam and diesel trains. Great for little train fanatics. Currently, you must book in advance – visit the railway’s Facebook page for the latest information and for details on booking. Train riders must wear enclosed shoes.
Rouse Hill Estate open to the public. Sunday 12 February. 10am to 4pm.
Explore the property, marvel in its history, and enjoy some fun family activities such as LEGO®, boomerang throwing, the Schoolhouse and more! Here are some fun activities that you can take part in:
- Meet the animals – meet some of the farm animals at Rouse Hill Estate.
- Lego room – check out amazing models of the iconic Rouse Hill House, outbuildings, stable and barns constructed from LEGO® bricks, add your creations and little ones can add to the duple wall.
- Family activities – play some lawn games or have a picnic inside the grounds of Rouse Hill Estate.
- House viewings – sneak a peek inside the historic house, woolshed and stables (be aware the buildings may close for periods of cleaning).
- Schoolhouse experience – experience another time walking into our 1888 schoolhouse.
- Darug Culture and boomerang throwing at Muru Mittigar.
The Farm at Lynwood Country Club.
Every Sunday 11am – 2pm at Lynwood Country Club. Bring the kids along to see rabbits, birds and sheep! They’ll be entertained by the animal feedings and learn about life on the farm.
- Castle Hill Farmers and Fine Food Market – Saturday 11 February. 8am to 12pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- St Albans Village Market – Sunday 12 February. 10am to 2pm. St Albans.
- Dural Village Markets. Sunday 12 February. 9am to 2pm. Dural Country Club.
Other articles that might interest you:
- Term 1 Activities and Classes Guides
- Pubs, Clubs or Restaurants with a Playground in the Hills
- Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths
- Parks & coffee – a mum’s perfect combination
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.