- Daylight saving ends – Sunday 4 April 2021.
- Easter: Good Friday – 2 April 2021, Easter Saturday – 3 April 2021, Easter Sunday – 4 April 2021, Easter Monday – 5 April 2021.
- School holidays – start Friday 2 April 2021. School goes back on Monday 19 April 2021. (Most public schools have a student free day on the Monday and kids start back on Tuesday 20 April)
- Anzac Day – Sunday 25 April 2021.
- Easter Thursday Old School RNB at Bella Vista Hotel. Thursday 1 April. 6pm to 11pm.
- The Royal Sydney Easter Show is back for 2021! From Thursday 1 April to Friday 12 April at Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park.
- Parramatta Square Jazz Nights. Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights from Thursday 1 April and From Thursday 8 April. 6pm and 7pm sets.
- Parramatta Nights Open Air Cinema. From 1 April to 18 April. Prince Alfred Square.
- Parramatta Nights: Roller Rink. From 1 April to 18 April. Prince Alfred Square.
- Disney Trivia Night at Bella Vista Hotel. Wednesday 7 April. 7pm to 10pm.
- Galston Valley Railway Open Day. Sunday 11 April. From 9.30am to 3pm.
- Sunfest 2021. Sunfest is the biggest Sri Lankan multicultural event which celebrates Sinhala and Tamil New Year. Enjoy Sri Lankan culture and delicious south Asian spices. Saturday 11 April. 10am to 8pm. Roselea Community Centre.
- Sydney Hotshots at Bella Vista Hotel. Thursday 15 April. 8pm to 10pm.
- Nurragingy Miniature Railway. Sunday 18 April. 10am to 3.30pm.
- 2021 Hawkesbury Show. Friday 23 April to Sunday 25 April.
- Welcome Back Storytime at Castle Hill Library. Tuesday 27 April and Wednesday 28 April. 10.15am to 10.45am and 11am to 11.30am.
- Library Discovery Tour for Kids at Castle Hill Library. Thursday 29 April. Suitable for children in kindergarten through to Year 3. 4pm to 5pm.
- Fagan Park Echidna Kids Wildlife Display. Thursday 29 April. 10am to 11am. Get up close and personal with some of the local wildlife! This 1 hour event is tailor-made for preschool kids aged 3 to 5 years. Live native animals will be on display with an expert presenter to introduce you to them and answer your questions. Booking required.
- Mother’s Day Night Markets at Bella Vista Hotel. Thursday 29 April. 5pm to 10pm
- Easter Egg Hunt at Rouse Hill Town Centre, including garden games, a petting zoo and a surprise visit from the one and only Easter Bunny! Saturday 3 April. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Seven Hills Plaza. Thursday 1 April, 3.30pm – 6. 30pm and Saturday 3 April, 10am – 3.30pm. Bookings are essential. Click here.
- Easter at Castle Hill RSL. Saturday 3 April – The Easter bunny will have eggs for the kids from 11.30am – 12.30pm and again from 5.30pm – 6.30pm.The petting farm will be operating from 3.30pm – 5.30pm. Live entertainment in the garden by Joe Echo from 6.30 – 9.30pm. Sunday 4 April – The Easter bunny will have eggs for the kids from 11.30am – 12.30pm and again from 5.30pm – 6.30pm.The petting farm will be operating from 3.30pm – 5.30pm. Live entertainment in the garden from 1pm – 4pm.
- Golden Ridge Animal Farm Easter Egg Hunt. Friday 2 April, Saturday 3 April and Sunday 4 April.
- Easter Brunch at Bella Garden. Easter Saturday and Easter Sunday. See here for session times.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Grove Square Baulkham Hills (aka Stockland Baulkham Hills). Saturday 3 April. 10am to 2pm.
- Meet the Easter Bunny at North Rocks Shopping Centre. Between 11am and 2pm daily. Monday 29 March to Thursday 1 April and Saturday 3 April.
Do you still need to arrange a camp, class or activity if you need to work or just need to fill in a half-day, a day or more? Here are some options in and around the Hills that may have some spots left.
Inflatable Holiday Fun at The Centre Dural
From Tuesday 6 April to Saturday 10 April and from Monday 12 April to Friday 16 April, your kids can get out some energy jumping on a wide range of inflatable rides at The Centre in Dural while you can sit back and enjoy their refreshed cafe, with a new chef and brand new menu. 2 hour sessions are available between the hours of 9am to 4pm, no prior booking required. Tickets start at $9 for kids 4 and under, and $17 for kids 5 and over, but discounts are available for multiple kids or multi day bookings. See website for details thecentredural.org.au/inflatables.
School Holidays at Castle Towers
MIni beasts are taking over Castle Towers from 6 April to 2 May.
Castle Towers’ Bun of Fun Pass! The Bundle of Fun Pass is back and can help you entertain the whole family! From striking out at bowling to catching the latest flicks on the big screen, the Bundle of Fun Pass puts you in the driver’s seat, with access to all FOUR great entertainment attractions – Holey Moley, Event Cinemas, iPlay & Strike Bowling plus more! Save a huge $34 on Kids Passes and $47 on Adults Passes! Click here for full details & to book: https://bit.ly/3fql80y
School holidays at North Rocks Shopping Centre
Week 1 – Eco Pot decorating and seedling planting. Tuesday 6 April to Saturday 10 April. 11am to 2pm. Outside TK Maxx.
Week 2 – From Tuesday 13 April to Saturday 17 April budding artists can join the art studio, a fun space for kids that just love to paint. 11am to 2pm. Outside TK Maxx.
School holidays at Seven Hills Plaza
Week 1 – School holiday mini golf. Tuesday 6 April to Saturday 10 April. 10am to 1pm. Free play event, walk-ins welcome. No bookings required. Last tee-off 12:45pm.
Week 2 – Complimentary Airbrush Tattoos for Kids. Wednesday 14 April to Friday 16 April. 10am to 1pm. Choose from a wide range of temporary tattoo designs including animals, flowers and characters from your favourite shows and movies! The tattoo paints are 100% removable with soap and water.Free and no bookings required.
School holidays at Stanhope Village
Week 1 – Sweet Street – It’s time to decorate all things sweet! Kids will have finger-licking fun decorating Bakers Delight finger buns, Donut King donuts and Muffin Break muffins. Tues 6 April to Sun 11 April, 11am – 2pm.
Week 2 – Craft Corner – It’s time to get crafty! From caps and bags to drink bottles and kites, kids will enjoy decorating their own item to take home. Decorate a different item each day! Mon 12 April to Sun 18 April, 11am – 2pm.
Location for both weeks: Outside Kmart. No bookings required.
School Holidays at Rouse Hill Town Centre
Week 1 – Silly Putty Workshop – Learn to make your own silly putty. Tuesday 6 April to Saturday 10 April. Various time slots available. Book here.
Week 2 – Kmart Craft Zone – Receive a Kmart tote bag full of craft supplies. Monday 12 April to Friday 16 April. Between 11am and 2pm. Registration required. Click here.
Week 2 – Clay Fridge Magnets with Global Art – Learn to make your very own clay fridge magnets with the talented team from Global Art this School Holidays. These fun creations will be moulded, set and painted by your little artists before being taken home to hang on the fridge for years to come. Monday 12 April to Friday 16 April. 10am – 11.30am | 3 to 5 year olds (Parents to assist) . 12pm – 1.30pm | 5years and older. Click here to register.
Other school holiday events:
- Visit Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park. From 1 – 30 April 2021, 4 kids get in for FREE with every full-paying adult at Featherdale! Get hands-on with Sydney’s best Aussie wildlife experience. Hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies, pat a koala for free and enjoy getting up close with the world’s largest collection of Australian animals! Visit: www.featherdale.com.au/schoolholidays/ for more information!
- Generation Electronika – Beginner. Tuesday 13 April and Wednesday 14 April. 10am to 12pm. Beginner Electronic Music Production Workshop. Tickets: $5. Suitable for school years 7 to 12. Tickets can be purchased here. Organised by the Hills Library Service.
- Generation Electronika – Intermediate. Tuesday 13 April. 1pm to 4pm. Intermediate Electronic Music Production Workshop. Tickets: $5. Suitable for school years 7 to 12. Tickets can be purchased here. Organised by the Hills Library Service.
- Learning in the Hills has a whole heap of workshops on these school holidays at Balcombe Heights Estate in Baulkham Hills.
- Puppet workshop. Tuesday 13 April 2021. 9.30am to 10.30am.
- Open Craft Workshop. Tuesday 13 April, Thursday 15 April and Friday 16 April. 10am to 11.30am. Free. Create rock pets, necklace making (fruit loops), collage craft.
- Kids African Drumming Workshop. Tuesday 13 April. 12.30pm to 1.30pm. $5.
- Canvas Painting for Kids. Wednesday 14 April. 9.30am to 11.30am. Best for ages 5 to 14 years. $5.
- Buttercream Frosting Workshop. Wednesday 14 April. 12.30pm to 2.30pm. $5.
- Science Colour and Fizz Workshop. Thursday 15 April. 10.30am to 11.30am. Best for ages 4 to 13 years. $5.
- Mad About Science – Harry Potter. Thursday 15 April. 12pm to 11pm. Best for ages 4 to 13 years. $5.
- Taronga Zoomobile visits Pennant Hills Community Centre. Thursday 15 April. 10am to 11am. This exciting visit from the Taronga Zoomobile brings the zoo to you at Hornsby Shire Libraries. Children will be able to have face to face experiences with wonderful and unique animals such as the Black Headed Python, the Echidna and the Bearded Dragon. Ages 5 plus.
- ANZAC Day – Sunday 25 April.
- Parramatta RSL Dawn Service. From 4.30am. Prince Alfred Square, Parramatta.
- Seven Hills RSL Dawn Service. From 6am. Seven Hills RSL Cenotaph. Registration required.
- Epping RSL Dawn Service. From 6am, Forest Park Epping.
- Castle Hill RSL. Open from 10am.
- Glenorie RSL – Dawn Service from 6am. Pre-booking required. Afternoon march and service 3.15pm. Glenorie RSL will have live music throughout the day in the Backyard from 12 pm and 5 pm.
- Riverstone RSL – Dawn Service.
- Bella Vista Hotel. 2UP from 12pm.
- Aussie NightMarkets – Castle Hill – Saturday 3 April. 5pm to 10pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- Castle Hill Farmers and Fine Food Market – Saturday 10 April and Saturday 24 April. 8am to 12pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- Sydney Boutique Markets – Sunday 11 April. 10am to 4pm. Rouse Hill Town Centre.
- The Growers’ Markets – Dural Country Club. Sunday 11 April. 9am to 2pm. Dural Country Club.
- The Hills UPMarket – Sunday 18 April. 9am to 2pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- Glenorie Growers and Artisans Market – Sunday 25 April. 9am to 1pm. Les Shore Oval.
Other articles that might interest you:
- Kid friendly bush walks in the Hills
- The Hills Sydney: Best playgrounds for Under 5s
- Pubs, Clubs or Restaurants with a Playground in the Hills
- Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.