- Parramatta Foundation Festival. Thursday 31 October to Sunday 3 November.
- Halloween RnB Party at Bella Vista Hotel. Friday 1 November. From 8pm.
- Endeavour Early Education Dural Open Day. Saturday 2 November. 10am to 1pm.
- Santa’s Arrival at Winston Hills Mall. Saturday 2 November. 10am to 2pm.
- The Farm at Lynwood Country Club. Every Sunday 11.30am – 3.30pm. Bring the kids along to see rabbits, birds and sheep! They’ll be entertained by the animal feedings and learn about life on the farm.
- Every Tuesday Castle Hill RSL has Kids Day from 10.30am to 11.30am in their Courtyard.
- Melbourne Cup, Tuesday 5 November. Local venues holding events include the below (see websites and Facebook page for full details):
- Bella Vista Hotel, from 12pm.
- Castle Hill RSL from 11am.
- The Fiddler Rouse Hill, from 11.30am
- The Epping Club, from 12pm
- The Australian Hotel and Brewery, from 12pm.
- North West Disability Services Art Fair and Family Fun Day. Saturday 9 November. 10am to 3pm. Aberdeen House, Rouse Hill.
- Santa’s Arrival at Castle Towers. Saturday 9 November.
- Santa’s Arrival at Rouse Hill Town Centre. Saturday 9 November. The annual parade features Santa and Mrs. Claus and also involves local schools, entertainment and community groups – bringing the community together to welcome the festive season. This year’s spectacular parade down Main St will also feature a special Sesame Street float including Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Elmo, Cookie Monster and Abbie to celebrate the 50-year anniversary of Sesame Street. Parade starts at 11am.
- Creative Brush Calligraphy Deconstructed Workshop. Hills Super Centre. Sunday 10 November. 2pm to 4pm.
- Galston Valley Railway Open Day. Sunday 10 November. 9.30am to 3pm.
- Grease Trivia Night at Bella Vista Hotel. Wednesday 13 November. From 7pm.
- Creative Natural Skincare Workshop. Hills Super Centre. Thursday 14 November. 11am to 1pm.
- Bella Fridays 90s Throwback Party at Bella Vista Hotel. Friday 15 November. From 8pm.
- Family Fun Weekend at Castle Towers. Saturday 16 November and Sunday 17 November. 11am to 2pm.
- Frozen Kids Day at Castle Hill RSL. Tuesday 19 November. 11am to 2pm.
- Frozen Kids Day at Lynwood Country Club. Thursday 21 November. 11am to 2pm.
- Light Up Windsor Street Fair. Saturday 23 November. 5pm to 9.30pm.
- Blacktown Christmas Light Up Concert. Thursday 28 November. 6pm to 9pm. Includes a free Grinch show, christmas carols, live stage performances by community groups, face painting and a visit from Santa Claus.
- Lighting of the tree ceremony, Rouse Hill Town Centre, Thursday 28 November from 5.30pm. Celebrate the spirit of Christmas at the Annual Lighting of the Tree Ceremony in Town Square Rouse Hill Town Centre. Enjoy a night of carols, fireworks performances from local dance schools. The Smurfs Christmas Show and giveaways. Festivities commence from 5.30pm.
- Bella Fridays Y2K Millennium Party at Bella Vista Hotel. Friday 29 November. from 8pm.
- Santa’s Arrival at North Rocks Shopping Centre. Saturday 30 November. 11am.
- Santa’s Breakfast at North Rocks Shopping Centre. Saturday 30 November. 7.45am for 8am start. $5 per child. See customer service desk to book.
- ‘Hasta La Bella Vista Baby’ the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia’s latest C3West project. Bella Vista, Sat 30 November from 7–9.30pm. More info: http://bit.ly/2Ng0AJJ
FAIRS AND FETES
- Loreto Normanhurst Spring Fair. Sunday 3 November. 10am to 4pm.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Primary School Fete. Saturday 9 November. 10am to 4pm.
- Family Fun Day – Normanhurst West Public School. Sunday 10 November. 10am to 3pm.
- Hills Grammar Spring Fair. Sunday 10 November. 11am to 4pm.
- Caddies Creek Public School Twilight Markets. Saturday 16 November. 3pm to 8pm
- Aussie NightMarket – Saturday 2 November. 5pm to 10pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- Sydney Boutique Markets – Sunday 3 November. 10am to 4pm. Rouse Hill Town Centre.
- Castle Hill Farmers and Fine Food Market – Saturday 9 November and Saturday 23 November. 8am to 12pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- Hoyle Avenue Boutique Markets. Saturday 9 November. 10am to 3pm. 4/13 Hoyle Avenue, Castle Hill
- My Kids NSW Market. Sunday 10 November. 9am to 12pm. Bernie Mullane, Kellyville.
- The Growers’ Markets – Dural Country Club. Sunday 10 November. 9am to 2pm. Dural Country Club.
- Design Life Market – Sunday 17 November. Hills Super Centre.
- The Hills UPMarket – Sunday 24 November. 8.30am to 3pm. Hills District Pony Club.
- Glenorie Growers Market – Sunday 24 November. 9am to 1pm. Glenorie RSL.
- Kellyville Ridge Public School Twilight Markets – Saturday 20 November. 4pm to 8pm. Kellyville Ridge Public School.
- FREE storytime sessions for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers are held by libraries in the Hills throughout the week. For the full calendar see here.
Other articles that might interest you:
- Ultimate Guide to Activities and Classes in the Hills
- Kid friendly bush walks in the Hills
- The Hills Sydney: Best playgrounds for Under 5s
- Pubs, Clubs or Restaurants with a Playground in the Hills
- Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.