City of Ryde Lunar New Year Festival. Saturday 17 February. 4pm to 9pm. Eastwood Oval.
Join in the festivities at the City of Ryde’s Lunar New Year Festival on Saturday 17 February at Eastwood Oval, 4pm till 9pm. There is something for all ages with cultural performances, high pole lion dance, dragon dance, market stalls and food trucks. There is plenty to keep the kids entertained with amusement rides, games, face painting and incredible closing act Excite Stunt Show!
A spectacular display of fireworks will close out the night to celebrate the Year of the Dragon!
Taste of the World Cultural Festival. Saturday 17 February. 4pm to 8pm. Hornsby Mall.
A multicultural festival celebrating diversity and the many cultures within Hornsby Shire featuring performances, music and dance program, cultural workshops, pop-up bar and “flavours of the world” food trucks. Find out more here.
Discovery Walkthrough: Dream Holiday. Every Saturday and Sunday in February. Powerhouse Castle Hill. 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
Do you yearn for sandy soles, family adventures and faraway destinations? Design your dream holiday inspired by Powerhouse Collection objects on this 30-minute guided tour.
Tours are on from 11am, 1pm and 3pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Bookings are essential. Find out more here.
Jellybean Jam live at Bella Vista Hotel. Saturday 17 February. From 9pm
Go retro on a Saturday at Bella Vista Hotel. Free entry before 8.30pm so book a table beforehand. More info here.
Check out a local market
- Riverstone Food Market. Saturday 17 February. 5pm to 9pm. Food trucks and local entertainment!
- Rouse Hill Estate open to the public. Every Sunday. 10am to 4pm.
- The Farm at Lynwood Country Club. Every Sunday 11.00am – 2.00pm. Bring the kids along to see rabbits, birds and sheep! They’ll be entertained by the animal feedings and learn about life on the farm.
- Cool off at a water play playground. Here are some located in the Hills and surrounds.
- Go for a bush walk. Here are our favourite kid friendly bush walks in the Hills.
- Go for a bike or scooter ride. Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths.
Other articles that might interest you:
- Kids Activities and Classes – Term 1 2024
- Best playgrounds for Under 5s
- Day trips from the Hills
- Parks & coffee – a mum’s perfect combination
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.