BaptistCare Aminya Village’s Twilight Markets. Friday 11 November. 4pm to 8pm.
With over 30 market stalls, food trucks and light entertainment, there’s something for the whole family to enjoy. Browse homewares, jewellry, plants, handmade gifts, clothing, sweet treats and more. It’s a fantastic opportunity to pick up some Christmas gifts also! Entry is free. BaptistCare Aminya Village. 6 Goolgung Avenue, Baulkham Hills.
Garage Sale Trail. Saturday 12 & Sunday 13 November and Saturday 19 November & Sunday 20 November.
The annual Garage Sale Trail event is back over two weekends in November! Mark your calendar for 12-13 and 19-20 November 2022.
This annual event encourages households, schools, and community groups across the nation to host a garage sale simultaneously. For sellers, it’s garage sales made easy. With a free listing on the national map, sale tips, promotional resources and touch-free PayPal QR code payments, Garage Sale Trail does the heavy lifting so you can focus on selling your stuff. For shoppers, it’s Australia’s biggest pre-loved treasure hunt with three million items up for grabs at 10,000 garage sales nationally. From acid wash denim to leg warmers, vintage vinyl, Rubik’s cubes and even the odd banana phone, you’ll find all sorts of epic stuff at 80s prices over two huge Garage Sale Trail sale weekends.
It’s the circular economy in action, dedicated to helping you declutter, make, or save some money and extend the life of your stuff. Register to participate in this FREE event at www.garagesaletrail.com.au
Peacetime in the Park: SYO presents Orchestra Classics. Saturday 12 November. 2pm – 3pm. Bella Vista Pocket Park (adjacent to Bella Vista Metro Station)
To commemorate Remembrance Day, join the Symphonic Wind Orchestra from SYO for a special weekend performance of orchestra classics in the beautiful environs of the Bella Vista Pocket Park.
Hum along to a selection of your favourite wartime tunes as we reflect and unite in remembrance of our armed forces and pay special tribute to those who have served our nation.
Made up of some of Sydney’s most talented young musicians, SWO will perform works such as Waltzing Matilda, Dambusters March, Theme from the Great Escape, Amazing Grace, Abide With Me and Crown Imperial.
Bring a picnic rug and your camping chairs.
Parramatta Foundation Day. Sunday 13 November. North Parramatta Heritage Core. 10am to 4pm.
Discover Parramatta’s history at this free event with tours, workshops, family activities, live music, great food, horse and carriage rides and more!
Learn something new about the past while having fun. Take the opportunity to connect with historical experts, specialists and enthusiasts while exploring the buildings and workshops.
North Parramatta Heritage Core. Enter via Female Factory Main Entrance on Green Drive, North Parramatta.
Hills Food and Wine Festival. Sunday 13 November. Bella Vista Farm. 11am to 6pm.
The Hills District 2nd Food and Wine Festival will be held on Sunday 13 November 2022 at Bella Vista Farm. Kids Under 18 FREE entry, no tickets required.
- Over 100 Food, wine, distillery and brewers stalls
- Wine tastings
- Live music
- Kids amusement rides/ face painting
Rouse Hill Estate open to the public. Sunday 13 November. 10am to 4pm.
Explore the property, marvel in its history, and enjoy some fun family activities such as LEGO®, boomerang throwing, the Schoolhouse and more! Here are some fun activities that you can take part in:
- Meet the animals – 10.30am–11.30am – meet some of the farm animals at Rouse Hill Estate.
- Lego room – check out amazing models of the iconic Rouse Hill House, outbuildings, stable and barns constructed from LEGO® bricks, add your creations and little ones can add to the duple wall.
- Family activities – play some lawn games or have a picnic inside the grounds of Rouse Hill Estate.
- House viewings – sneak a peek inside the historic house, woolshed and stables (be aware the buildings may close for periods of cleaning).
- Schoolhouse experience – experience another time walking into our 1888 schoolhouse.
- Darug Culture and boomerang throwing at Muru Mittigar.
Celebrate Bella Vista Hotel’s 10th birthday
- Drag Trivia Brunch at Bella Vista Hotel. Saturday 12 November from 11am.
- Bad 80s Band at Bella Vista Hotel. Saturday 12 November. From 9pm
Galston Valley Railway Open Day. Sunday 13 November. 9.30am – 3pm.
Run by the Hornsby Model Engineers’ Co-operative, Galston Valley Railway is a miniature railway with a main line length of about 1km running through a picturesque bush setting, with a mix of steam and diesel trains. Great for little train fanatics. Currently, you must book in advance – visit the railway’s Facebook page for the latest information and for details on booking. Train riders must wear enclosed shoes.
- Twilight Markets at BaptistCare Aminya Village – Friday 11 November. 4pm to 8pm. Baulkham Hills.
- Castle Hill Farmers and Fine Food Market – Saturday 12 November. 8am to 12pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- St Albans Village Market – Saturday 12 November and Sunday 13 November. 10am to 2.30pm. St Albans.
- Dural Village Markets. Sunday 13 November. 9am to 2pm. Dural Country Club.
- My Kids NSW Market. Sunday 13 November. 9am to 12pm. Bernie Mullane, Kellyville.
Other articles that might interest you:
- Term 4 Activities and Classes Guides
- Pubs, Clubs or Restaurants with a Playground in the Hills
- Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths
- Parks & coffee – a mum’s perfect combination
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.