Spot On Children’s Festival 2023 at Riverside Theatres. 23 September to 4 October.
Across 12 jam-packed days, this year’s festival features a fun-filled line-up of events, all guaranteed to keep your little (and big ones) entertained throughout the school holidays.
From 23 September to 4 October, Riverside Theatres is excited to present a program full of joy and wonder, hosting magical theatre and musical performances, workshops and many more entertaining events for the whole family.
Outdoor Kid’s Carnival to celebrate PHIVE’s first birthday. Saturday 23 September. 10am to 5pm.
Celebrate PHIVE’s first birthday with a whimsical kids’ party in the Public Domain. Enjoy circus workshops, cupcake decorating, crafts, games, and entertainment, creating cherished memories for children and families up to 12 years old. Join us for a day filled with joy and boundless imagination at PHIVE in the heart of Parramatta’s CBD.
- Circus Skills: 10am – 5pm Step right up and learn the art of the circus! From juggling to acrobatics, this workshop will have your kids entertained and enthralled.
- Face Painting: 10am – 5pm Transform into a dazzling princess, a fearsome pirate, or a majestic tiger with our delightful face painting station.
- Card Making: 10am – 5pm Get creative and craft a beautiful card. A perfect keepsake from a spectacular day!
- Popcorn: 10am – 5pm Crunch and munch on fresh, fluffy popcorn as you enjoy the day’s festivities.
- Fairy Floss: 10am – 5pm Indulge in the sweet and airy magic of fairy floss—always a hit with the kids!
- Cupcake Decorating: 10am – 12pm & 1pm – 3pm Unleash your child’s inner pastry chef in this delightful hands-on experience. Decorate cupcakes with colorful icing, sprinkles, and more!
- Koinbori Hanging Fish Workshop: 10am -12pm A Japanese symbol to honour children with a good future and the hope of growing up healthy and strong; create your own Koinbori fish to take home.
- Kids Watercolour Workshop: 2pm – 4pm A monster stole my cake! Create your own monster and fun narrative with this watercolour workshop for the whole family.
Let’s celebrate together at PHIVE and make this first birthday an unforgettable extravaganza! Bring the family for a day filled with joy, creativity, and boundless imagination.
PHIVE. 5 Parramatta Square.
Astronomy Open Night 2023 at Macquarie University. Saturday 23 September. 5pm to 10pm.
Calling curious stargazers of all ages, Sydney’s most spectacular astronomy event is back on again, and you’re invited to pull up a front-row seat to explore the Universe together. Laugh – and gasp – at their beloved Physics Magic Shows and observe the stunning sights of star formation in far-flung galaxies through their immersive Planetarium sessions. There’s lots for kids of all ages. Tiny tots and early primary explorers will have fun in the Kids’ Space – a fun-packed area set-up with mini experiments and scientific activities for the little ones, while primary school kids can design a rocket or create their own galaxy with the Junior Science Academy. Tweens and teens can drive an interactive robot with FIRST Robotics, or get their game on at their Cosmic Arcade, with student-made interstellar games from Macquarie’s computing societies to both challenge and inspire future coders and game designers.
Macquarie University’s Astronomical Observatory will also be open, where you can observe the stars and planets in our Telescope Park.
Food and drink is available to purchase, with many vendors from the University’s own food court open up during the event. Astronomy Open Night will go ahead rain, hail or shine. No ticket sales available on the night.
To inquire about this event or for further information, please visit the event website or contact the Astronomy Open Night team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Homes Australia Market Day. Saturday 23 September. 9am to 11am.
As part of Dementia Action Week, Group Homes Australia are inviting local neighbours to join them at their GHA Market Day, where you’ll be able to buy fresh produce and flowers from their fruit and vegetable providore, String Bean’s. They’ll also be joined by Woofys, who will offer fresh barista coffee and baked goods made by their very own homemakers and residents.
Research shows that 81% of people living with dementia feel that they are treated differently by people and businesses in their community. Given 2 out of 3 people living with dementia are still living at home in their community, this is something we all need to work together to change. Dementia Action Week 2023 is about Acting Now to make our community more dementia-friendly.
When: This Saturday 23 September, from 9am-11am
Where: 35 Chiltern Crescent, Castle Hill
Bring: Cash if you can, but we can take cards
The Farm at Lynwood Country Club. Every Sunday 11am – 2pm.
Bring the kids along to Lynwood Country Club to see rabbits, goats and sheep! They’ll be entertained by the animal feedings and learn about life on the farm.
- Castle Hill Farmers and Fine Food Market – Saturday 23 September. 8am to 12pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- The Hills UPMarket Sunday 24 September. 9am to 2pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- Discovery walkthroughs: Fashionable Trends. Powerhouse Castle Hill. Every Saturday and Sunday in September. From 11am.
- The Powerhouse Spring School Holidays Program runs from 23 September to 8 October 2023 and provides a range of in-depth workshops and free drop-in creative experiences, including popular digital programs Minecraft, Coding and Digital Design. Find out more here.
- Rouse Hill Estate open to the public. Every Sunday. 10am to 4pm.
- Go for a bush walk. Here are our favourite kid friendly bush walks in the Hills.
- Go for a bike or scooter ride. Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths.
Other articles that might interest you:
- What’s on this September
- Spring School Holiday Guide
- Best playgrounds for Under 5s
- Day trips from the Hills
- Parks & coffee – a mum’s perfect combination
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.