- Father’s Day. Sunday 1 September.
- Kids Mosaic Workshop at Eden Gardens. Sunday 1 September. 10am to 3pm.
- Emerge Festival Chatswood. From 1 September through to 13 October. Different events and fun for the whole family.
- The Farm at Lynwood Country Club. Every Sunday 11.30am – 3.30pm. Bring the kids along to see rabbits, birds and sheep! They’ll be entertained by the animal feedings and learn about life on the farm.
- Every Tuesday Castle Hill RSL has Kids Day from 10.30am to 11.30am in their Courtyard.
- Spring Salsa Fiesta at Bella Vista Hotel. Thursday 5 September. From 7pm.
- The Hills Schools Expo. The Hills Schools Expo showcases leading independent schools serving Sydney’s north-west and Hills District. At the expo parents and families will be able to discuss their child’s specific educational needs with principals and teaching staff from many of Sydney’s best independent schools. Saturday 7 September and Sunday 8 September. 10am – 4pm. Harvey Lowe Pavilion, Castle Hill Showground.
- Ride IN2BMX Come and Try event. Saturday 7 September. 1pm to 3pm. Fred Caterson Reserve.
- Parklands Food Fest. Saturday 7 September. 10am to 4pm. More info here.
- Kenthurst Fair. Sunday 8 September. 9am to 3pm. John Benyon Rotary Park, Kenthurst.
- Galston Valley Railway Open Day. Sunday 8 September, 9.30am – 3pm.
- Monthly Family Fun Day at Parklea Markets. Sunday 8 September. 11am – 2pm.
- Harry Potter Trivia Night at Bella Vista Hotel. Wednesday 11 September. From 7pm.
- Creative Tea Blending. Hills Super Centre. Thursday 12 September. 11am to 1pm.
- Bella Fridays at Bella Vista Hotel. 80s v 90s. Friday 13 September. From 8pm.
- Lights, Beats and Eats Community Event. Saturday 14 September. The Hills Shire Council’s Orange Blossom Festival – Lights, Beats and Eats returns this September with a brand new look, feel and location. The community favourite will ignite Castle Hill Showground in colour, light and sound from 4pm to 9pm on Saturday 14 September.
- Orange Blossom Festival Annual Art Awards – Castle Hill Art Society will celebrate local art with the Annual Art Awards for adults and children. This exhibition also provides a great opportunity to buy original art from local artists. Saturday 14 September and Saturday 28 September. 10am – 4pm. Castle Glen Community Centre, Ridgecrop Drive, Castle Hill.
- Family Fun Weekend at Castle Towers. Saturday 14 September and Sunday 15 September. 11am to 2pm.
- King’s Fest at The King’s School North Parramatta. Saturday 14 September and Sunday 15 September. 10am to 4pm.
- Jazz At The Pines. Sunday 15 September. 12.30pm to 4pm. Roughley House at The Pines, 656a Old Northern Road, Dural.
- Mini Sand Art | Succulent Terrariums. Sunday 15 September. Hills Super Centre. 2pm to 4pm.
- Rural Fire Brigade Open Days. Saturday 15 September.
- Bonsai Journey. Friday 20 September and Saturday 21 September from 10am to 5pm to Sunday 22 September from 10am to 4pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- Hills District Light The Night. Saturday 21 September. 4pm – 8.30pm. Bella Vista Farm.
- Grand opening of the NEW Sydney Hills Gymnastics gym in Bella Vista. Saturday 21 September. 1pm to 3pm.
- Inala Fair. Sunday 22 September. 9am to 3pm. Corner Castle Hill & Franklin Roads, Cherrybrook.
- Creative Design and Silkscreen Printing Workshop. Sunday 22 September. Hills Super Centre. 11am to 1pm.
- Cross Country Challenge. Sunday 22 September. 8.30am to 12.30pm. Bella Vista Farm.
- Bella Fridays at Bella Vista Hotel. Best of 80s, 90s, 00s RnB. Friday 27 September. From 8pm.
- Park Feast. Tantilise your tastebuds at The Sydney Hills’ renowned food truck festival, Park Feast. With a large variety of food trucks to choose from along with amusement rides, live music and so much more, your bellies and your sense of adventure will surely be satisfied. Saturday 28 September and Sunday 29 September. Noon until 9.30pm. Bella Vista Farm.
- Pawsitive Steps Towards Mental Health. Sunday 29 September. 11am to 3pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- Hills Community Aid 50th Anniversary Family Fun Day. Monday 30 September. 10am to 2pm. Balcombe Heights Estate.
- Aussie NightMarket – Saturday 7 September. 5pm to 10pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- Sydney Boutique Markets – Sunday 8 September. 10am to 4pm. Rouse Hill Town Centre.
- Castle Hill Farmers and Fine Food Market – Saturday 7 September and Saturday 21 September. 8am to 12pm. Castle Hill Showground.
- The Growers’ Markets – Dural Country Club. Sunday 8 September. 9am to 2pm. Dural Country Club.
- The Hills UPMarket – Sunday 22 September. 8.30am to 3pm. Hills District Pony Club.
- Glenorie Growers Market – Sunday 22 September. 9am to 1pm. Glenorie RSL.
- FREE storytime sessions for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers are held by libraries in the Hills throughout the week. For the full calendar see here.
Other articles that might interest you:
- Spring School Holiday Guide
- Go on a train adventure: Sydney Metro Northwest line
- Kid friendly bush walks in the Hills
- The Hills Sydney: Best playgrounds for Under 5s
- Pubs, Clubs or Restaurants with a Playground in the Hills
- Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.