Two key things you need to remember this weekend:
- Daylight Saving starts – Sunday 1 October. More information on time changes here.
- Labour Day Public Holiday – Monday 2 October.
Spot On Children’s Festival 2023 at Riverside Theatres. 23 September to 4 October.
Across 12 jam-packed days, this year’s festival features a fun-filled line-up of events, all guaranteed to keep your little (and big ones) entertained throughout the school holidays.
From 23 September to 4 October, Riverside Theatres is excited to present a program full of joy and wonder, hosting magical theatre and musical performances, workshops and many more entertaining events for the whole family.
Castle Towers – Colour Quest. Monday 25 September to Sunday 8 October. 10am to 2pm.
Brighten up the school holidays and join the ultimate scavenger hunt at Colour Quest!
Through a series of coloured rooms, kids will find hidden images and clues within the scribble covered walls. Plus, families will enjoy free interactive activities and pop-up photo moments on their journey before receiving a sweet prize on completion of the scavenger hunt.
Take on the exciting colourful adventure located on level 2, opposite David Jones from, Monday 25 September to Sunday 8 October, 10am – 2pm daily.
Adventure Camp at Rouse Hill Town Centre. Saturday 30 September to Sunday 8 October. 10am to 2pm.
The RHTC Adventure Camp contains three zones that are sure to keep the kids entertained!
- ZONE 1 – Shoot your shot in their Archery and Axe Throwing Arena! Can you hit a bullseye?
- ZONE 2 – Test your strength in the Climb Zone as you make your way across their jungle gym set up.
- ZONE 3 – Create your own sweet treat in their S’more’s workshop.
There’s no need to book in advance for Adventure Camp. Just head down during their operating hours, fill in a registration form and join in on the fun!
Hills Fair Trade Market. Saturday 30 September. 10am to 2pm. St Paul’s Castle Hill.
A Fair Trade market on Saturday 30 September at St Paul’s Castle Hill. It will feature stalls with Fair Trade goods made in over 20 countries, plus hot food, coffee and snacks. All under cover with ample free parking.
Sydney Boutique Markets – Sunday 1 October. 10am to 4pm. Rouse Hill Town Centre.
Over 80 boutique market stalls, live music and more! 10am until 4pm on Main Street Rouse Hill.
- Jellybean Jam at Bella Vista Hotel. Saturday 30 September. From 9pm.
- Discovery walkthroughs: Fashionable Trends. Powerhouse Castle Hill. Every Saturday and Sunday in September/October. From 11am.
- The Powerhouse Spring School Holidays Program runs from 23 September to 8 October 2023 and provides a range of in-depth workshops and free drop-in creative experiences, including popular digital programs Minecraft, Coding and Digital Design. Find out more here.
- Rouse Hill Estate open to the public. Every Sunday. 10am to 4pm.
- Go for a bush walk. Here are our favourite kid friendly bush walks in the Hills.
- Go for a bike or scooter ride. Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths.
Other articles that might interest you:
- Spring School Holiday Guide
- School Holiday Boredom Buster
- Best playgrounds for Under 5s
- Day trips from the Hills
- Parks & coffee – a mum’s perfect combination
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.