Daylight saving ends this Sunday 2 April 2022. Don’t forget to turn your clocks BACKWARDS by an hour before heading to bed!
House Down Under. Rouse Hill Town Centre.
From 1 April visit the House Down Under; Australia’s first and only inverted house experience. Capture the most surreal photos, have a laugh, create unique poses from an inverted perspective. A unique and fun attraction not only for the kids but adults too! A great way to have a good family time and have a great upside-down experience.For more information and to book see here.
Fun at the Powerhouse Castle Hill. Saturday 1 April. 10am to 4pm
Powerhouse Castle Hill presents a free day of demonstrations, talks and hands-on activities focusing on design – designed to inspire people of all ages.
- Design Collection - The talent and skills of some of the world’s best designers are contained in Store One. Chairs, vases, bowls, necklaces, and more brim with the creativity of generations of designers and makers and are a rich source of inspiration today.
- Micro-recycling Workshop with Defy Design – 11am, 12pm and 1pm – Defy Design divert plastic waste from landfill and give it new life as useful products, contributing to the circular economy. Join them for a demonstration of their recycling, designing and manufacturing process.
- Zine Workshop with Emily Greenwood – 10am – 3pm – Join Western Sydney-based artist Emily Greenwood to create your own zine based on design objects from the Powerhouse collection. Zines (from ‘magazines’) are self-published booklets that combine text, images, collage and illustration.
- Clay Building Workshop with EJ Son – 11am – 3pm – Work with artist EJ Son to make your own hand-built clay object based on design objects from the Powerhouse collection.
- Albion Press Printing – 10am – 3.30pm – Design and create your own print using our 1860 Albion printing press. Watch this 163-year-old machine in operation and take home your own small piece of history.
- 3D Printing Demonstration – 10am – 3.30pm – Watch 3D printing in action and chat to our experts about how to go from idea to reality using 3D modelling software.
- Custom Vinyl Stickers – 10am, 11am, 12pm and 2pm – Design and produce your own unique vinyl stickers using digital cutting machines.
- Mars Rover Demonstration – 10.30am, 11.30am, 1.30pm and 2.30pm/ Uncover the mysteries of NASA’s Curiosity Mars rover at one of our free Meet the Robots demonstrations.
- Walkthrough: What’s That Sound? 10am, 11.30am, 1pm, 2.30pm – Be taken on a journey of the sounds surrounding us, from sounds that provide help to those we choose to hear because they enrich our lives.
Free Learn to Skate Workshops. Bella Vista Pocket Park. Saturday 1 April. 9am to 1.30pm.
Kids, grab your skateboards and join in the free Totem Skate workshops at Bella Vista Pocket Park every month. These fun and relaxed workshops focus on the development of motor skills and confidence building. The workshops are open to 6–12-year-olds. Helmets, skateboards, elbow and knee pads are provided, but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you’d prefer.
Register now to avoid missing out. Classes are capped at 20 kids, with three sessions planned: 9am – 10am – Beginner. 10am – 11am – Beginner. 11am – 12pm – Intermediate. Find out more here.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Rouse Hill Town Centre, including Easter games and a surprise visit from the one and only Easter Bunny! Saturday 1 April and Sunday 2 April. Bookings essential. Find out more here.
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party at Seven Hills Plaza. Saturday 1 April. 11am onwards.
Kenthurst Fireworks Spectacular. Kenthurst Public School. Saturday 1 April. 3.30pm – 8.30pm.
Fun for the whole family, with rides, food, stalls and fireworks.
Esslemont College Open Day.
Esslemont College is a new co-educational primary school located in Kellyville with a holistic approach to education to empower your child to reach their full potential. Visit the school on its open day on Sunday 2 April, 2 – 4pm. Find out more here.
Bella Vista Farm Open Day. Sunday 2 April. 9am to 2pm.
Interested in having a look around Bella Vista Farm? The historic homestead will be open for tours. Our volunteers from the Friends of Bella Vista farm are available to chat and answer any questions about the Farm and its history.
There’s plenty to do at the Farm. Relax in the gardens and say hello to the Farm’s resident sheep. Visit the Trash & Treasure stall and watch a spinning demonstration. You can also explore the heritage farm buildings and enjoy a Devonshire Tea or bring a picnic, whilst you listen to music by chamber groups from the Hills Shire Symphony Orchestra.
- Sydney Boutique Markets – Sunday 2 April. 10am to 4pm. Rouse Hill Town Centre.
Other articles that might interest you:
- Autumn School Holiday Guide
- Pubs, Clubs or Restaurants with a Playground in the Hills
- Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths
- Parks & coffee – a mum’s perfect combination
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.