Lifeline Giant Book Fair Castle Hill. Friday 6 October, Saturday 7 October and Sunday 8 October. 9am to 5pm. Oakhill College.
The Castle Hill Book Fair is back from 6–8 October at Oakhill College, Castle Hill.
More than 70,000 pre-loved books of outstanding quality, range and scope will be displayed in more than 50 categories – including Animals, Art, Architecture, Biography & Memoir, Children’s & Young Adults, Cookery, Craft, Fiction, Gardening, History, Literature, Military, Music, Psychology, Science, Sci Fi, Sport, Study Guides & Text books, Transport and Travel. There will also be a breathtaking variety of Vinyl Records, Board Games and Jigsaw Puzzles – all at unbeatable prices. A rich assortment of over 40 Special Books (including a variety of novel collections) will also be on offer on a first-come-first-served basis. A wide range of these books date back to the early 1900’s and have been researched thoroughly to ensure their authenticity. Many of these books are part of very limited editions, so book lovers will need to get in quick to ensure they don’t miss out!
So, don’t miss this fantastic community event and the opportunity to help Lifeline help others. Every book you purchase will go towards Lifeline H2HS’s support services – including the 24/7 telephone crisis line 13 11 14; community aid; counselling and psychological services, support group and treatment programs, emergency relief, financial counselling and much more. For more information on Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury Sydney and the Castle Hill Book Fair, please visit www.lifelineh2hsydney.org.au
Movie on the Green – West Pennant Hills Sports Club. Saturday 7 Oct. 7pm.
Join West Pennant Hills Sports Club for a night of family fun raising money for Westmead Children’s Hospital on Saturday 7 October!
Bring a picnic rug or hire a bean bag and get comfy in front of the giant 5m screen on the bowling green to watch Toy Story. All tickets include a complimentary bag of popcorn & soft drink.
Adults $20, kids $15, family $60 (2 adults 2 kids)
To purchase tickets click here.
Hills Food and Wine Festival. Sunday 8 October. Bella Vista Farm. 11am to 6pm.
The Hills District 3rd Food and Wine Festival coming to Bella Vista Farm on Sunday 8th October 2023.
- Over 100 Food, Wine, Distillery and Brewers stalls
- Live cooking demonstrations
- Wine tastings
- Live music
- Kids amusement rides/ face painting
More information can be found here.
Castle Towers – Colour Quest. Monday 25 September to Sunday 8 October. 10am to 2pm.
Brighten up the school holidays and join the ultimate scavenger hunt at Colour Quest!
Through a series of coloured rooms, kids will find hidden images and clues within the scribble covered walls. Plus, families will enjoy free interactive activities and pop-up photo moments on their journey before receiving a sweet prize on completion of the scavenger hunt.
Take on the exciting colourful adventure located on level 2, opposite David Jones from, Monday 25 September to Sunday 8 October, 10am – 2pm daily.
Adventure Camp at Rouse Hill Town Centre. Saturday 30 September to Sunday 8 October. 10am to 2pm.
The RHTC Adventure Camp contains three zones that are sure to keep the kids entertained!
- ZONE 1 – Shoot your shot in their Archery and Axe Throwing Arena! Can you hit a bullseye?
- ZONE 2 – Test your strength in the Climb Zone as you make your way across their jungle gym set up.
- ZONE 3 – Create your own sweet treat in their S’more’s workshop.
There’s no need to book in advance for Adventure Camp. Just head down during their operating hours, fill in a registration form and join in on the fun!
- Galston Valley Railway Open Day. Sunday 8 October. 9.30am – 3pm.
- Discovery walkthroughs: Fashionable Trends. Powerhouse Castle Hill. Every Saturday and Sunday in October. From 11am.
- The Powerhouse Spring School Holidays Program runs from 23 September to 8 October 2023 and provides a range of in-depth workshops and free drop-in creative experiences, including popular digital programs Minecraft, Coding and Digital Design. Find out more here.
- Rouse Hill Estate open to the public. Every Sunday. 10am to 4pm.
- Go for a bush walk. Here are our favourite kid friendly bush walks in the Hills.
- Go for a bike or scooter ride. Parks in the Hills with bike and scooter paths.
Other articles that might interest you:
- Spring School Holiday Guide
- School Holiday Boredom Buster
- Best playgrounds for Under 5s
- Day trips from the Hills
- Parks & coffee – a mum’s perfect combination
Did you know it’s free to list your event on hillsdistrictmums.com.au? We use our calendar to compile this list! List your event for FREE here.